Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bought my first Lexus !

1998 LS 400 Mk4 Red
Beige Interior - Just driven back to Manchester from Amersham (Bucks) -
Slight "humming"? from front right wheel area .... 16 year old leather interior needs a good clean... my mechanic has had her up on a ramp already and he thinks all is well, other than a drop link on the D/S/F

AC blows cold (but not freezing cold) - engine oil was a lovely cleanyellow , and smelled as it should - auto box oil good aswell

Amazingly crafted machines, what a first drive (M40 , M6 Toll, M6) - Cruise Control working as normal, trip screen showing 29/30mpg @ 65(ish)mph

I think the rear sounds a teeny bit rattle-ey over smaller potholes - no such problems over speed bumps however -

The rust that was mentioned by the seller is rear wing/rear near side door (unrepaired scrape) - just seen a noticeable spot of bubbling at the
front wing where it meets the N/S front headlight -

Front seats need livening up (no tears but pretty well unwashed since forever!) - Centre armrest cushion is badly worn and unslghtly (good job
its mostly covered by my elbow most of the time - but something will need to be done there)

For sale @ £1650 - try as I might to get a better deal we shook hands @ £1500 ..... being valeted now - I think I have got a very genuine carhere sold by an old school gent of a car dealer (working out of his home).

Time will tell, but as most of you already know - I just drove back 3 hours with some initial trepidation......followed by a long, uninterrupted grin !

Will post photos soon ...

Viren

Excellent - congrats, Viren. I had the same MPG figures, the same AC thing (now regassed) and a few bodywork niggles (dents, but no rust in my case).

I already can't help thinking about what little things I can do (leather feed, stone chip touch-ups, etc) even though the idea was just to do only what's mechanically necessary.

Enjoy :)

Bought my first Lexus !

1998 LS 400 Mk4 Red

Slight "humming"? from front right wheel area .... 16 year old leather interior needs a good clean... my mechanic has had her up on a ramp already and he thinks all is well, other than a drop link on the D/S/F

AC blows cold (but not freezing cold) - engine oil was a lovely cleanyellow , and smelled as it should - auto box oil good aswell

Amazingly crafted machines, what a first drive (M40 , M6 Toll, M6) - Cruise Control working as normal, trip screen showing 29/30mpg @ 65(ish)mph

I think the rear sounds a teeny bit rattle-ey over smaller potholes - no such problems over speed bumps however -

The rust that was mentioned by the seller is rear wing/rear near side door (unrepaired scrape) - just seen a noticeable spot of bubbling at the

Front seats need livening up (no tears but pretty well unwashed since forever!) - Centre armrest cushion is badly worn and unslghtly (good job

its mostly covered by my elbow most of the time - but something will need to be done there)

For sale @ £1650 - try as I might to get a better deal we shook hands @ £1500 ..... being valeted now - I think I have got a very genuine carhere sold by an old school gent of a car dealer (working out of his home).

Time will tell, but as most of you already know - I just drove back 3 hours with some initial trepidation......followed by a long, uninterrupted grin !

Viren

Happy motoring. Mike

I had the same smug feeling when I collected mine from Blackpool and drove the 140 miles back home,paid £3750.00 and still have it 8 years later.

Never let me down and never cost me any major money.

Drove in to work today,

This car definitely encourages a sedate/stately driving style

Saved close to £400 on my car insurance thanks to the Meerkat!

Polished up with Autoglym, cleaned the interior leather in the front and gaffer taped the split, black rubber trim under the front bumper.

Off to The Lake District Tomorrow!

I have inlcluded a picture of the windscreen upright - it looks like there is a black powder coating on top of the chrome? that has started to come away hence the metalic blotches.... any ideas anyone?

Thanks

Viren

post-50929-0-66386600-1407339095_thumb.j

post-50929-0-47284400-1407339589_thumb.j

post-50929-0-91930600-1407339726_thumb.j

post-50929-0-73787500-1407340757_thumb.j

post-50929-0-82858800-1407340941_thumb.j

The black paint flaking is common ............. . the strips come as standard black whenever you have a new windscreen fitted, it's part of the kit. .... well that's what happened when my Mk2 screen had to be replaced.

Mine are now doing that too, don't know of any solution that wouldn't involve physically repainting .............. or just leaving till the inevitable smack on the windscreen and a new one !

Malc

Great pictures and dosent she look grand. I dont know of any other car with the same amount of years on that still looks as good as the day it left the showroom when new.

You will have that smile fixed on your face for months and months to come. Mike

"This car definitely encourages a sedate/stately driving style"

Indeed, but burying your foot in the carpet on a quiet straight road with no junctions is an interesting experience too....don't worry, it won't rev over 6k, you have to try it at least once...

I agree, very sedate and stately.......until you shove your foot down. 0-60 in a shade less than 7 seconds. Not bad for a big luxobarge. Overtaking is a breeze in these cars.

Bought my first Lexus !

1998 LS 400 Mk4 Red

Viren

Had humming on my until last week when I had 4 new Falkens put on.

Before that I had a badly worn tyres (and a mix of tyres), and I could see the scuff wear had created tiny little nipples on edge of tyre, which even when tracking corrected still caused humming on most road surfaces and was quite bad on even what appeared to be smooth surfaces.

So would get bearing looked at, but could be uneven wear/scrubbing issues.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links