Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello,

Well, after being a fan of the LS for 12 years (I've had 4 and also a RX), I've crossed over the forums and have bought a 2007 450h - 68k and full Lexus history.

First impressions are all positive especially the performance which is better than my 430 was and also sharper handling. The slight downside is the loss of some ride comfort but it's still a nice place to be. I haven't noticed any creaks or groans from the cabin as mentioned by some. The near silence when in slow moving traffic is really strange-even more quiet than the 430 was. And no rev counter to check its going.

So far I've done just on 500 miles and according to the read out it's done 38.4mpg which is brilliant.(obviously this may a bit optimistic). Round town since re filling it is a still good 29.8.

One question so far... how full should the Battery read out be? at one point it was full and totally green after a long down hill stretch, but generally it seems to be vary between 1/2 and 3/4 full. Is this OK?

Pete

passman im in the same boat as you after having owned 2 x 400s im now driving a 430 and thinking about going to the gs450h.

when you have a minute i would particularly like your opinion on the following between the 430 and 450h please:

engine noise

road noise

build quality.

many thanks

Been there done that ie went from LS400 to GS450h 2008 but returned back to LS600hl ..... I'm not going to slate the GS as I haven't anything to slate it for :) but after 2yrs as a GS owner/driver HAD to return to LS....... Big positive is both are lexus lol

Thanks for the replies.

Colin. From what you say mine seems to be fine. thanks for the reassurance.

Mark. Under acceleration the engine is not so quiet but it is a v6 against a v8-- and it's not loud enough to objectionable, more a different sound rather than too loud. Around town the overall noise level is I think a little lower due to the use of the electric motor rather than petrol engine. Road noise is not really an issue though I assume it may change depending on the tyres fitted, currently on Michelins. As it has wider and lower tyres than the 430 I think getting the tyre choice right will be important, better not going for a chunky tread rather a ribbed one. As far as I an concerned the quality is still right up at the top and I certainly have not rattles or squeaks, other members have complained about dashboard rattles but mine doesn't, fingers crossed that it stays as it is.

I think you need to drive one as it is different to the 430, and it all boils down to opinion and taste.

Graham. Yes it's still a Lexus just a different variation. I think it is different enough to be judged for what it is rather than to compare with the LS. I have nothing but praise for the cars I have had and like you will certainly not knock them. I did consider joining you with a 600 but due to having to buy 2 much lesser cars for work (Hyundai I20s) I could not really afford one at present and I had decided I wanted to try a hybrid so the GS really picked itself. Who knows perhaps I will back in a 600LS in a couple of years too.

Pete

• Like 1

thanks passman your comments are appreciated.

Im one of those guys who takes a long time adjusting and settling into to a new car - when i upgraded to the 430 i didnt like it and for many months was in a quandry wether to go back to the 400.

i will keep looking and if i see one i like (looking for sky blue with grey leather) i will go and have a go in it.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links