Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rx400H Exhaust Coupling

Is this normal? It looks like a bodge job to me, a repair kit (check out the twisted wire). I spotted it because I'm concerned the middle of the car seems slightly noisy (although not necessarily blowing). It just doesn't look right to me.

post-37955-0-47729800-1409063335_thumb.j

post-37955-0-23344700-1409063348_thumb.j

I bought the car second hand from Lexus Manchester a few months ago. If it is a repair, needless to say I'm not impressed.

• 2 weeks later...

To my complete lack of surprise lexus Manchester are refusing to cover the repair. They say that they didn't bandage it and that it's basically tough luck that an approved used vehicle with a pre-existing fault at purchase has now failed. Clearly they did not inspect it properly, or if they did, they saw the exhaust bodge and we're happy to sell it.

I am not happy and will be taking legal advice. You don't expect treatment like this from an official dealer. I could have bought privately and paid far less money for a vehicle which appears to be in poor mechanical condition.

Good luck with your claim, my experience with Lexus used warranty was abismal after I bought my RX300 back in 2007, just a few days after buying it from Lexus Oxford they refused to cover a leaking rear damper and a loose oil filter at first, my local dealer was very good but Oxford would only pay for the labour on the damper and said it must have sprung a leak on the drive home from Oxford to Essex......I had no idea the M25 was such a torturous route!

That repair looks to be because of the NVH weight wobbling around attached to the exhaust pipe there putting extra strain on the system at the joint (looks to be a joint there).

Certainly that's not a repair I think should have got a Lexus assured warranty on! But I seriously doubt they even had the vehicle on a ramp between it coming in on PeX and being sold.

Well I tweeted Lexus UK and posted on their Facebook page, the upshot is they got in touch with the dealer and the fault was immediately repaired, at the dealer's expense.

All I can say is, if at first you don't succeed, get straight onto Lexus UK via social media and see what happens. Though the dealer said they only went through the warranty system to keep the costs off their business, personally I think that's a very dishonest way of doing business since a warranty would never cover a fault like that. So I won't be going back to them for anything.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links