Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cleaned The Car

Took advantage of the nice weather and gave the car a good detail over the weekend which consists of.

- Snow foam then wash

- Iron X

- Power rinse

- clay Bar

- Wash and dry

- Polish

- Wax

Also cleaned and treated the leather and polished up the tail pipes.

Only managed to take some photos today, the car is very dusty by now.

Excuse the parking, I did move the car back into space after taking the photos.

image_zps7c3ead19.jpg

image_zps80bee419.jpg

image_zps9480ba34.jpg

image_zpse3caf762.jpg

And one with my other toy

image_zps9a442e61.jpg

• Like 3

Looking great, does a claybar make a lot of difference, I`ve never used one.....

It's a abrasive material that is very good at getting contaminants like tar off the paint work. Needs elbow grease! Remember to use a lubricant if you decide to do it.

• Like 1

Looking good! :)

clay is very useful for removing stubborn residue such as tar spots, tree sap etc.

As Stu mentioned, NEVER use clay dry on your paintwork. Use plenty of lubrication and wipe off once you're happy all the contamination has been removed.

I use Meguiar's Quik Detailer as my lubricant.

You also need to fold the dirt into the clay frequently. Rubbing it over the paint can cause more issues.

One chunk of clay can easily do two cars.

Lastly, make sure you have an airtight box to store the clay. If you can't pinch some Tupperware from the kitchen, wrap it tightly in some cling film.

Hope this helps. :)

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links