Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Rcf Reviews

Just reading a review of the new RCF on Pistonheads it really looks as though Lexus has missed a massive opp by not bring out a next gen ISF. I know the motoring press also shredded the ISF for its poor track performance, missing the point of its brilliance as an everyday car. But as a two door only option, with much added girth and weight, you have to wonder why the new IS didn't have a halo ISF added.

I like to think (like most of us) that this can only benefit the future status of our cars in the future as something of a classic car....

Lexus say they are bringing out a four door RCF. That should be more comparable to the ISF. The press just always compare the RCF to the M4.

If they reviewed a 6 year old 100k mileage ISF against a comparable M3 the outcome would be totally different. If the M3 is still going after its engine rebuild, corroded boot floor and knackered suspension.

Not sure how true this is or even if it will make any difference but found it on a US forum.

New Engine Management Software for the RCF--Not Used at Monticello

I wanted to share this with the group. You will read that the software used at Monticello was not what will be released with the car. While I am pleased to hear that this could shave tenths off of the metrics, why the heck did Lexus use early build prototypes and an early release in the engine management system with the media?...

Doesn't the RCF weigh the same as our ISF? (1800 ish kgs).

They have missed the point with this and gotten blinded by comparing all facets with the M4. The simple fact for me is that the build quality will be far superior and, under everyday usage, will have comparable performance. I think the RCF looks fantastic and above all it has one of the finest engines I have experienced. Oh, and it will still feel pin-sharp and be totally reliable when it is 15 years old with 150k miles on its back.

The bottom line is this: how good is the ISF?

Lexus don't step backwards so how good will this be?

• Like 1

They went toally overboard in the quest for stiffness that they seem to have totally forgotten about weight.

Using the IS Convertible middle because it already had the bracing they required was insane imo - the extra weight that brougt along just was not worth it.

If the rumours are true and they make an F version of current IS then thst should be vastly better.

• Like 1

It's like taking a current ISF removing two doors and sticking in a load of weight (albeit with an extra 60hp)

Strangley the bit that was all round praised on the ISF ( the brakes) saying that they were unbelievably good and stood up to track use is one of the bits they are saying is poor on the RCF - think the extra weight is just too much.

• Like 1

I missed that in the reviews, here is hoping they fix the brakes because they are one of the standout features of the car. As perfectly weighted, as indeed was everything else, at 160 on the Autobahn as at 30 down my street.

The RC-F is on my short list, but the reviews are somewhat off-putting. However, I shall try one when they arrive and make my own mind up. Lexus Chester have 2 on order: A silver RC-F with red leather and an orange Carbon Edition. They will run one as a demonstrator, hopefully having it on the road by the end of the year.

I'm also keeping a very close eye on the forthcoming Jaguar XE-S. The supercharged engine is fantastic in the F-Types I've tested and if they can keep the weight down the bhp / tonne won't be far away from the IS-F. The torque per tonne will be about the same if the Jag comes in at 1550kg. As it is mostly aluminium, that should be no problem. They've even quoted the 0-60 time as 4.8 secs so it looks like it will go very well

The RC-F is on my short list, but the reviews are somewhat off-putting. However, I shall try one when they arrive and make my own mind up. Lexus Chester have 2 on order: A silver RC-F with red leather and an orange Carbon Edition. They will run one as a demonstrator, hopefully having it on the road by the end of the year.

I agree I think most of the reviews are of putting , but in

my view only if your looking to track

your car, or you are interested in 0-60 times, ¼ of mile time’s, or trying to

lose your licence quicker than a M4 driver, mine will be no were near a track,

I ordered one because I like the look of it. lol

I have been told that each dealership will have 5 RF-C’s,

except for the dealership in London which will get 10, but one will be a

“static” car, what this means I don’t quite know, they defiantly said “static”

and not demonstrator, I cant think that each dealership would have one of these

cars as a demonstrator considering the amount they are going to sell in this

country, if the IS-F is any indication.

I think they may have one or two they move around the

country to the dealership that requests it for a potential buyer.

I have been told that there is going to be a track day

sometime in November mainly for sales managers, but they can take a limited

amount of buyers or potential buyers along.

this review seems to be more favourable towards the RC-F

There are some favourable reviews out there. I am sure it will be a great road car and a great track car for 90% of people. As I have said in other threads, if lexus hadn't made such a song and dance about its track credentials the reviews would be more up beat. I really like it and will certainly be looking at them in the future as an option.

I had to laugh when my dealer said that there were only 170 coming into the country for 2015 and you had better get your order in quick. Then when I said as they only managed to sell 220 ISF's in five years I'm not in any rush, he just smiled when he realised I knew what I was talking about :)

• Like 1

Yeh they are Jon ,awful .im sure the car will be the usual brilliant but I think Lexus have just gone a bit too quick with the design and shape changes ,they could have made a 2 door isf that looked closer to our isf,s but it's just so dramatic ,the rear end is awful and that front grill is rotten ,na i,ll stick with my old isf for a long time I think lol

Yeh they are Jon ,awful .im sure the car will be the usual brilliant but I think Lexus have just gone a bit too quick with the design and shape changes ,they could have made a 2 door isf that looked closer to our isf,s but it's just so dramatic ,the rear end is awful and that front grill is rotten ,na i,ll stick with my old isf for a long time I think lol

If it looked like our isf people would complain it's not progressive enough or innovative enough. I really need to see it in the flesh before I make my mind up fully on styling.

understand where you are coming from. I am hoping it will have a lower more sporty drive than the isf. I love my isf but it is quite high and big and I just don't feel a part of the driving experience.

understand where you are coming from. I am hoping it will have a lower more sporty drive than the isf. I love my isf but it is quite high and big and I just don't feel a part of the driving experience.

You might be disappointed re seat height, many reviews are stating seats are too high.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/lexus/rc/88491/lexus-rc-f-2014-review

You might be disappointed re seat height, many reviews are stating seats are too high.http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/lexus/rc/88491/lexus-rc-f-2014-review

Pants.... Proof is in the driving I guess.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links