Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Excellent Service Or Just Plain Old Standard?

Hi,

Recently my IS200 was involved in a fairly low speed spin which resulted in damage along the entire left seal, passenger door, left wing, front bumper damage (grill) and scratching ALL over from overhanging trees. :sick: (it wasn't me :ph34r: )

Anyway, I put a claim in as I'm obviously fully comp and sent if off to my local Lexus dealership with their own bodywork and paint shops. I was expecting a hastle free excellent job and was told they'd have my car for 10 working days.

5 working days later I get a phonecall saying my car is ready. I was shocked as it only took half the time to repair. When I went to pick the car up it was apparent that the job only took half the time to repair due to it only being HALF REPAIRED. They hadn't touched the bumper, the wheel in the boot that was mashed up in the accident, there was a dent "inside" :crying: the passenger door that couldn't have happened during the crash (insurance guys words - probably happened while they were re-skinning the door), scratches all over the car still, plastic trim on new wing was the old bit so it's dangling off and one of the most annoying things.....loads and loads of cutting back paste residue coating the entire interior of the car and INSIDE the vents, etc.

Obviously I was quite upset with this kind of service. They have my car at the moment and I am preying for their sake that it's back to factory condition just like before the accident.

Has anyone else been treated like this or do I just have sucker written across my forehead?

Cheers for any comments and sorry for the length of the post.

Sounds as though they've got the work experience lads working on it. My car's not long been back from Lexus Edgware Road after it was hit by a lorry and I was really surprised and pleased with the results. Minor grump was that I had to take it back as the boot was slightly misaligned, but apart from that it was great.

Sounds as though you've not had as much luck, let us know how you get on!

Nope, don't think you're on your own.

One thing that tempted me to lexus......and more importantly, buying from a dealer, was that they were renowned for their service. Both the place where I bought the car, and my local dealer have not lived up to the standards that I've expected from Lexus.

I have a service coming up soon (1st one for me) and I simply don't know where to take it

I have been wishing for over 6 months now that I had taken my IS200 to Lexus(Leicester)for repair to my rear offside wing - after a small spin-out on a roundabout back in May....I still haven't got it back!!! I opted to use my Insurance companies approved repair centre in Leicester - who basically took 4 months to return my car back to me in an totally unsatisfactory state - covered in scratches, boot wouldn't close, wing and rear light cluster missaligned, paint all over the rear windscreen and about 5 litres of water sitting in the boot! no joke - it was a mess! added to that their was terrible vibration throughout the car (steering wheel, seat, gear stick etc)...and they had fitted 3 different types of tyre! The Insurance Engineers said it was one of the worst repairs they had ever seen. To top this off - it had been passed through the local Lexus garage and signed off all OK!!! Anyways - to cut a longer story short I have been driving around in a courtesy Corsa for over 6 months - the latest from the new accident repair centre who have been fantastic! So IS200_Paul - I think I am the one with sucker across my forehead. Next time (fingers crossed there won't be one) it will be going to Lexus...their reputation is amazing...I think you have just been unlucky on this one.

(PS. This is my first post - been in a bad mood for 6 months :) ..cheers for this great forum!!)

Dean

Hello again,

To be totally honest, I am completely amazed!!!

I purchased a Lexus OVER a Beemer or Merc for 2 main reasons (personal reasons I might add)

1) I'm sick of the site of BMW's and Merc's (and the reputation of being a comlpete t*sser)

2) The Lexus service is meant to be 2nd to none

I thought we'd have no probs but we've had probs from day 1.

1) The car feels like it drifts around the road but apparently this is normal.

2) A knocking from front right corner which was fixed after 3 visits to the garage but has come back again. Lexus said this was a brakepad bracket rattling but there's no way it was. I could feel movement up the wheel usually when I reversed on full left lock onto my driveway.

3) Engine not starting first tmie. This was put down to a dodgey key fob of all things but it's happened once in the last 6 months since usnig the new fob which is much less than 2 - 3 times per week.

Those are my main concerns really.

I must say that when I've had a service they have been superb and always given my car a once over with polish etc and cleaned the inside. This is when I feel their service is fantastic but is it because I'm paynig for the service?

Cheers.

From my own point of view...although i'm getting something done about it now, at long last, it's taken alot of time, effort, letters, complaints and constant visits on my behalf to get to this stage!

I pick my car up later today, so I hope and pry that everything has finally been sorted!

For a quick service Lexus are fine, but then thats because your handing over money.....anything more, warrenty related or something thats their responsibility and I am very dissappointed with Lexus!

Hi IS_Paul,

You mention that they give your car a once over whenever you take it in....what about the time they gave mine a polish with a brillo pad??? (Lexus Reading)

I've heard (in previous posts) that Leicester is pretty good, but a bit far out for me.

Anyone recieved outstanding service that lives up to the Lexus name, pleae post the dealership here >>

Thanks,

Star

Oh sorry Star. Please accept my apologies as I too have had the stones in the sponge treatment over the wheel arch during a courtesy wash.

I have an eye for blemishes and although the dealership has tried to cover up the damage I can notice still. I hope this doesn't de-value my vehicle for when I trade it back to them....

:blink:

Hello again,

To be totally honest, I am completely amazed!!!

1) The car feels like it drifts around the road but apparently this is normal.

2) A knocking from front right corner which was fixed after 3 visits to the garage but has come back again. Lexus said this was a brakepad bracket rattling but there's no way it was. I could feel movement up the wheel usually when I reversed on full left lock onto my driveway.

3) Engine not starting first tmie. This was put down to a dodgey key fob of all things but it's happened once in the last 6 months since usnig the new fob which is much less than 2 - 3 times per week.

1) It's cobblers to say that this is normal, worth checking tyres (different types?) & pressures and alignment and 2)

2) This sounds like maybe ball-joint wear which is a common problem and might also be responsible for 1). What mileage has it done, I notice you say it's done it from day 1 but was it new or used?

3) Not starting first time occasionally (ie once in 6 months) is not unusual on the IS2. Could be the transponder in the fob was dodgy when it was a regular problem.

I have to say I don't think Lexus dealers are neccessarily better than anywhere else - it's about the individuals, not the sign over the door IMO.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links