Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Im Unsure About A Change?

Hi all. I have 2001 ls430 nice car, thinking of changing her, dont know if to stick with ls430 just go for 04 plate ish or been thinking of the gs around the 06 plate, had a couple of gs300's also the aristo twin turbo vertex edition what a fly machine. Ive not had a go in the later gs yet anybody reccomend the gs? Against the ls. Cheers phil

It all comes down to taste and what you like - as nice as the GS cars are, once you've had an LS it's hard to change.

The GS is a slightly better drive. I considered a GS430 when I owned my LS400 but felt it would have been a step down in many ways.

I have recently bought the facelift LS430 - I did consider the LS460 as prices becoming more keen but I'm very happy with the LS430.

I've still the same silly grin on my face from the day I picked it up... Used to go out the back of my house for a smoke but now always go out the front so I can admire the car more often, ,

I did like my GS but from about week 1 of ownership started regretting not sticking to my guns and going for a LS460....

silly reasons really main one being when I drove around ppl used to look back at my car as I past them in the LS400 but with Gs no one did.... Lol call me vain but I like ppl looking at my car in awwwwww, but hardly anyone did with the GS... Now with the LS600 ppl come up to me and compliment me on car and ask about it, even my boss is jealous and he's got a 14 plate LS460

Putting that all aside the GS was a nice drive and to be honest can't complain about it very similar performance to the LS (remembering it was a GS450h) comfort wise I found myself having to move about on seat after awhile (numb bum effect) which I never got on my LS400 (which I still have)

Only complaint ive got about the LS600 is......... Errrrrrr .....I haven't got anything to complain about ...no really I have one complaint when drop down dvd screen is activated in the back I can't see out of back window from rear view mirror.... Was going to get dvd headrests and deactivate the drop down but because of the way the front passenger seat headrest moves and folds away when the rear relaxation seat is activated I cant..... But no big issue I have 2 wing mirrors to see behind me..... Either that or I stop the kids watching DVDs in the back (not worth the hassle of 2 screaming crying arguing kids lol)

I must add lexus's up my way are like hens teeth.... A few IS's and a hand full of RXs and 1 LS (mine) the was a 07 GS once lol but was passing thru the area never ever saw it again

• Like 1

Lol. Bet your smoking 40 a day now i would be.

Whats the diff between 460-600 is yours the 2seats in back? Are they all like that?

My wife said i can have a 600 when her dad pops his clogs.

Oh well dont think ill have to wait that long. Only joking he's a good man but if its him or a 600 its a nice car to remember him by.please nobody read into this the wrong way its a bit of banter.

• Like 2

I've still the same silly grin on my face from the day I picked it up... Used to go out the back of my house for a smoke but now always go out the front so I can admire the car more often, ,

I did like my GS but from about week 1 of ownership started regretting not sticking to my guns and going for a LS460....

silly reasons really main one being when I drove around ppl used to look back at my car as I past them in the LS400 but with Gs no one did.... Lol call me vain but I like ppl looking at my car in awwwwww, but hardly anyone did with the GS... Now with the LS600 ppl come up to me and compliment me on car and ask about it, even my boss is jealous and he's got a 14 plate LS460

Putting that all aside the GS was a nice drive and to be honest can't complain about it very similar performance to the LS (remembering it was a GS450h) comfort wise I found myself having to move about on seat after awhile (numb bum effect) which I never got on my LS400 (which I still have)

Only complaint ive got about the LS600 is......... Errrrrrr .....I haven't got anything to complain about ...no really I have one complaint when drop down dvd screen is activated in the back I can't see out of back window from rear view mirror.... Was going to get dvd headrests and deactivate the drop down but because of the way the front passenger seat headrest moves and folds away when the rear relaxation seat is activated I cant..... But no big issue I have 2 wing mirrors to see behind me..... Either that or I stop the kids watching DVDs in the back (not worth the hassle of 2 screaming crying arguing kids lol)

I must add lexus's up my way are like hens teeth.... A few IS's and a hand full of RXs and 1 LS (mine) the was a 07 GS once lol but was passing thru the area never ever saw it again

I totally agree with this. In the 13 years that I owned and ran my LS400, I used to get plenty of compliments from other drivers and people who knew very little about cars and they were constantly impressed with the aesthetics, the quality, the silence of the engine, the smoothness of the ride and my car even after 15 years and 230k miles was still an awesome and superb example.

You just don't get that with a GS despite how nice these vehicles are.

Once you buy an LS, nothing else short of a Rolls Royce or a Bentley can replace it - I've looked at the likes of the S-Class, 7 series and A8. All beautiful cars but not a patch on an LS in my opinion.

agree about the Mark 4 specifically here - ive had 430 for 2 years now but the mark 4 in terms of looks and "eye catchiness" is in a different league - it just looks so sleek and smooth whenever i see one and the 5 spoke wheels look like fluttering wings - when ever i see one i cant stop admiring.

I sold my ist ls400 with 270000 on clock and i still spotted it couple of years later driving about.

That was L reg that was about 8yrs ago, when i went and picked it up and drove it from stockport to northvwales i thought to myself this is what it must be like driving a rolls royce and i dont think im far wrong.

9690 Phil ...yep I've the relaxation pack so only 2 seater in back (saves me having to pick grand kids up if I've my youngest 2 with me ) cunning plan lol my 600 is the long wheel version hence the L at the end of LS600hl and obviously a hybrid

Main differences between 460 and 600 are cost lol .... Engine size and 600 can have relaxation pack and its a hybrid few extra gadgets as in self parking (only tried this once and bottled it and took control again lol).... Apart from that much the same to look at inside n out

No the 600 aren't all like that ie 2 seaters in rear ...only the relaxation pack ones ...in hindsight I should of maybe went for 3seater one but I like my gadgets and always go for top of range things

Only trouble ive got now is ive nothing else to upgrade too now apart from a newer one..... I'm at the top of the ladder n no where to go now ...am I worried ...am I heckers like lol

I shall await with baited breath for the LS900 or 1000 lol😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆

Lol. Bet your smoking 40 a day now i would be.

Whats the diff between 460-600 is yours the 2seats in back? Are they all like that?

My wife said i can have a 600 when her dad pops his clogs.

Oh well dont think ill have to wait that long. Only joking he's a good man but if its him or a 600 its a nice car to remember him by.please nobody read into this the wrong way its a bit of banter.

Fair play, that made me laugh.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links