Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Exhaust Help

Fidgits

sounds good to me, so you would get them then send them on to us? would we have to pay extra for the second leg of the shipping or is it included in the total price? Also, how would customs be sorted out?

These are all the details I am bashing out as we speak.

Please remember that we need at least 4 people for this GB..

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, the onward shipping should be sorted.

However, the issue looks to be customs charge. I have a couple of questions:

a. Can anyone pass on any information to what this may be?

b. If I am the central distribution point, this means I will have to find the whole charge up front, and the participants repay me, but if we cannot get a guide from Q a, then this is an unknown amount.

after a quick search on the internet it seems that it could work out to be pretty expensive.

Customs

Thanks for that link.

So working under the following from the website:

Import duty, which varies from item to item, but is typically in the range of 2%-20% (see below)

·VAT, charged at the same rate as it would be for the same goods in this country, so usually 17.5%.

·The delivery company's "handling fee" which is anything from a flat £4 Royal Mail up to £13.50 with Parcel Force.

Say the zorst is $300 = approx 200GBP*

Now cost of shipping is inlcuded in import duty, but ignoring that it comes to 40GBP* @ 20%

VAT comes to 42.5GBP*

So before the cost of shipping, the total for the zorst AND duty is approx 282.5GBP*

* All figures approximate, cost of shipping and exact cost of import duty is unknown.

erm, no.

We don't know the exact price as yet. As the custom duty includes the shipping cost (which is TBD). But, I worked out the above at 20% duty, rather than 5% as Mark stated, so hopefully the cost should be around the 300 quid mark, depending on shipping cost. (the more people that join the GB the less this will be).

As for joining the GB, you need to be a gold member, and once all the details are worked out, we will let the interested parties know.

Just a small point. When calculating duty etc...

Take cost of goods + shipping + insurance (ie - all charges up to point of uk entry)

Apply duty at applicable rate and add to the total.

Now add VAT to this... Yes that's right, you pay VAT on duty :angry:

For example... suppose goods + shipping/insurance totals £500

Add duty at.. let's say 10% for example.. gives us £550

Now add VAT @ 17.5% to this to give a total of.. £646.25

That's basically how it works. Carrier will probly just ask for money b4 they deliver.

And as Mark said, the carrier may invoice you for clearance charges too.

This is for completing the formalities to clear the goods through customs.

Exchange rate used will be set by customs - usually pretty fair.

Hope this is of some use... Probably just confuses things further :whistling:

erm, it was my understanding that you had to be a gold member in order to participate in group buys??? of course, if i'm wrong, then i apologise. Could someone please clarify this for me.

Also, I'm sorry to say, Im not 100% sure i will be able to participate in this GB, but I will wait until we have a final price before I can confirm. I'm still happy to help out where i can.

After evaluating many shipping/mailing methods, I came to the following two options:

1. HKS Hiper/Dragon (same price) + Express Shipping + insurance (expected delivery time: 5 -7 days)

Cost: £280

2. HKS Hiper/Dragon (same price) + Surface Shipping + insurance (expected delivery time: 5 -8 weeks)

Cost: £210

The above cost are excl. the 4% Paypal Charge and possible Customs Charges (handling:5% + VAT:17.5%, Thx. Mark :P )

Assuming this formula and that I will provide you a lowered invoice of £146 (is also the max. of the bar for the insurance), the customs charges will be: £34.2

These custom charges will need to be paid at your side when the exhaust will arrive.

Please note that the HKS distributor has reserved 2 units of HKS Hiper for me until 28 Dec, total stock is 4 units.

There are also 1 -2 HKS Drager available.

After these, the HKS Hiper will only be avail as Silent Hiper or as used :)

Sorry for the late response, but finding an economical way to ship these oversized boxes can be a real pain :winky:

hey wasa im new to this club. would it be the same to have the hks hiper exhaust without the piping to the cat. like if u got the muffler only because i have the hks dragger 2 "super drager" and its not really what i expected and the hiper sounds good. or if i keep the dragger and install a downpipe would it be really loud?

The Drager are out of stock and the new stock will be much more expensive. Sorry, cannot get sustain the GB price on the Drager :(

There are still 1-2 units of the old style HKS Hiper avail. After that there will be only the HKS Silent Hiper. Need to get a confirmation from your guys asap.

HKS is increasing its prices, so please act quickly.

If you are not ready yet, but are planning to get one of these in 1 - 2 months, you can pay a deposit such that I can reserve it for you.

If you decide before Dec 31, 2003

1. HKS Hiper + Express Shipping + insurance (expected delivery time: 5 -7 days)

Cost: £280

2. HKS Hiper + Surface Shipping + insurance (expected delivery time: 5 -8 weeks)

Cost: £210

If you decide after Dec 31, 2003 but before Jan 31, 2003 ( and depending on stock level)

1. HKS Hiper + Air Shipping + insurance (expected delivery time: 5 -7 days)

Cost: £310

2. HKS Hiper + Surface Shipping + insurance (expected delivery time: 5 -8 weeks)

Cost: £240

The above cost are excl. the 4% Paypal Charge and possible Customs Charges (estimation: handling:5% + VAT:17.5%)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links