Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I contacted the seller about a month back about purchasing the front drivers side wing as its the only part on my car with obvious blisterrust - not exposed - yet.. I was quoted a price.

As I was going away I left it but phoned yesterday and the guy who has had this ad up for several months said he'd still not sold any parts from it.

Why he doesn't try to sell it as a going vehicle he told me was because he thinks he will get more for it for selling the parts abroad.

Seems strange and a shame to break a car where he tells me it would pass an MOT with one or two tyres changed. Tells me somone is interested in the engine but would expect £1200 if sold with MOT.

I'll have to wait and see. It looks like a new replacement wing (Colopur not taking account of fading) but I have asked, to be sure as I don't want a filled one.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lexus-Ls400-Breaking-Only-/181574150173?

I've recently had to source a couple of parts for my LS430 and 1 of the breakers I spoke to actually buy fully working cars and break them for parts - the manager was very open with me telling me it's a very lucrative business.

Seems such ashame that perfectly functioning cars are broken up this way, especially with Lexus vehicles which are not exactly that common.

Whilst my car hasn't been 100% perfect, I feel very lucky to own my LS430 given its low mileage

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links