Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hi all, im wanting to put some day runner LED lights on my IS250. Just wondered if anyone has done this and if so where can I get hold of some. I want them so I can direct wire them so they automatically come on when I start the car with no button pressing or anything from me.

Thank in advance!

that is OTT imo, i am not one for turning a car into something its not, i would go and buy a IS-F rather than spend all the time and money on that. As for DRLs i think they look tacky unless OEM. You can buy DRL headlights i think if you got money to blow but i think its a waste of money

As requested. Taken into direct sunlight to show their effectiveness.

If you do fit these, ensure that 'Philips' etched into each lens, is the right way up, or they are incorrectly fitted.

post-40844-0-49230600-1415358654_thumb.jpost-40844-0-07360300-1415358682_thumb.jpost-40844-0-83315700-1415358931_thumb.j

Very straightforward. Routing the wires (I hate wires dangling) was the most difficult.

One wire has to be 'scotch locked' to the dipped beam wire, and the easiest one to access is the nearside.

The instructions state how to ensure you have the correct wire to lock to by turning on the ignition and a small light shows on the relay. I found that this did not work until the engine was actually running.

Once connected, the lights come on every time the engine starts running, and switch off when the headlamps come on (however, manually or automatically) via the relay, which is a legal requirement.

The bottom line is - it was easy.

• 2 weeks later...

that is OTT imo, i am not one for turning a car into something its not, i would go and buy a IS-F rather than spend all the time and money on that. As for DRLs i think they look tacky unless OEM. You can buy DRL headlights i think if you got money to blow but i think its a waste of money

I disagree to be honest, i dont think it's OTT but everyone has different taste I guess and after all isnt that what the world of modding is all about? I dont think he has made the car look like something it's not. He hasnt stuck any ISF badges or anything on it. He hasnt done a full ISF conversion. It's more about personilsation. It's no different to someone putting an ISF style grille or an ISF badge, ISF wheels or what have you. I think the combination of all his mods are nice and sleek. The LED DRL on that car is by far the best mod on that car in my opinion.

I too am not a fan of those aftermarket LED's that people just stick on their cars. It has no design to it and usually just sits in a place that looks weird. On that car the LED

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links