Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Nearside Headlamp Light Intermittently Goes Out

Hi

I've just bought a 2006 IS220d and an occasional fault occurs with the front nearside headlamp unit where it just occasionally goes out. It works 95% of the time and then just goes out without flickering or anything like that. If I restart the car it works again. I wondered if anone has got any idea what might be causing the fault?

The HID bulbs are relatively expensive £30-40 per bulb. So, you might not want to change both bulbs for new ones.

It's quite a lot of work to get to the bulbs (at least on an IS250) and quite fiddly (I changed a side light today, and lost a bolt somewhere on the car's undertray). The other issue is that the bulbs change colour as they age, and they get dimmer with age too.

If you change one you may find the new one is bright white, and the older one is a dimmer purple.

I'd recommend getting a good brand bulb (Osram, Philips or Toshiba) to avoid having to change them again. Philips are easily available at a good price and indistinguishable from the Toshiba/Harison bulbs that came from the factory. The cheapies do work, but mine only lasted about 18 months; the surviving bulb was also MUCH dimmer than the replacement.

Example: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-x-PHILIPS-D4S-XenEco-Xenon-35W-Xenon-HID-BULB-4300K-42402-BEST-QUALITY-/301104494833

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links