Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Does the GS Mk4 have door auto locking?

My RX400h automatically locks the door after about 15mph. Looked through the manual and on board setting but can only find information on unlocking the doors. Seems a backward step if they have removed this feature.

It should have that ability - it may just be disabled at the moment. I was driving around in a new IS250 Premier courtesy car, and that locked the doors above 15mph.

Have you trawled through the vehicle settings menu in the nav screen?

Does the GS Mk4 have door auto locking?

My RX400h automatically locks the door after about 15mph. Looked through the manual and on board setting but can only find information on unlocking the doors. Seems a backward step if they have removed this feature.

It doesn't I've just emailed the below issue list for lexus to look at and respond against, auto lock was one of them...

This is what I sent..... Note point 2 is a bit specific to me!!

"The issues are:

1) connected services just do not work. The phone tethers fine attempts to connect, hangs for a minute and throws an error along the lines of there being an internet connection issue, which100% is not the issue!! Looking on the forums and owners club it seems as though I'm not alone with these issues on the GS.

2) Harder to replicate, but still occurs sporadically, the sat nav system (entertainment system) freezes. When it does the only solution is to them the car on and off. Pointless when your on the motorway driving cross country and depending on the nav to get you there.

Other irritants (which I know other owners too would appreciate addressing) include....

A) the sat nav providing guidance command whilst on the Bluetooth phone. Previous Lexus models did not do this and how Lexus believe a step forward for a business/luxury oriented car includes informing conference call attendees directions to and from a location is beyond me. To turn this feature off during a call involves far too many clicks and is potentially dangerous. Furthermore you have to turn on voice commands post the call with an equal number of clicks.

B) the auto door lock feature when you drive away is no longer present. Other Lexus models, including current Lexus models like the IS300h do this!

C) Limited voice commands - seems as though we can't even set the temperature with the voice commands. My 06 is220d se-l was able to this and more! Furthermore expanded voice commands is a feature in the american GS's and they can set the temp etc! Why strip this out for UK cars?

I look forward to Lexus's formal position on the above."

As always I can't fault the service this dealership provides, or the car mechanically... But the tech feels as though it's taken a step backwards. Be interested to hear your views on this.

I'll let you know what they come back with!

All,

A quick update this is what I've got....

"I have sent in a product report today and the ID number is 214409. I apologise but unfortunately I haven’t managed to ring technical today.

Regarding your auto lock problem, that would be something that we need to take a look at and to try and fix for you.

I have also sent Lexus a copy of your email for them to look at."

Will keep you posted!

The mark 4 GS dose not have auto lock and can not even be set by the dealer, this was one of the first things i noticed, the US had the car 4 month before us they also mentioned that this feature was missing. it is fitted to other models including the MK3 GS, so why it was removed i don't know, however its not to hard just to press the button to lock the doors.

Steve i believe that is the manual for the GS350 US model, i also believe they re introduced this feature on the 2015/2016 model in the US, not sure about hear in the UK.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links