Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

60K Service Done...

Had it done at Woodford today along with MOT. No issues as expected. Just over £650.

Also bought 2 years warranty for price of one and bolted it on to my current warranty and updated nav disc. Can't believe the warranty price, especially as it included too AA cover.

Expensive day!

Stu

The 2:1 Warranty is until the end of Dec. I wonder if the dealer is trying to get you to book early? You can also do 10 x monthly payments, with no interest or extra charge.

I would most definitely recommend the warranty.

I noticed the coolant level was down. Checked with torch towards the left side of the engine and could see coolant that had crust up on the outside.

Car went into dealers and warranty has covered for a new water pump. Will be collecting car later today.

Sully

What year is yours Sully?

Think you're the first water pump replacement I've heard of this side of the pond!

Mine had no warranty when I bought it unfortunately, so not an option for me.

Good peace of mind for those who can have it though. :)

Mine is 08. It did not come with warranty. I purchased warranty when it went in for servicing around 6 weeks ago. I got the 2 years for the price of 1 extended warranty.

I have been on the US owners site and a few people on there were not even aware their pump was leaking until they checked.

My advice would be to check yours. When you lift the bonnet just shine a torch towards the bottom left of the engine. If you can see a dried stream of pink crust then the pump is leaking.

• Like 1

Interesting Sham.

Just did a visual check of mine. No sign of any pink fluid or residue. :)

I'll ask them to double check it when it goes in for the next service and recall work though. Just to be safe! :)

• 1 month later...

The 2:1 Warranty is until the end of Dec. I wonder if the dealer is trying to get you to book early? You can also do 10 x monthly payments, with no interest or extra charge.

Had my 60k service done yesterday and the 2 for 1 warranty was still available. Interesting that I was told it's the same price for all IS models (including the ISF) but they don't cover some of the LS models in the deal.

Had my 60k service done yesterday and the 2 for 1 warranty was still available. Interesting that I was told it's the same price for all IS models (including the ISF) but they don't cover some of the LS models in the deal.

Happy days. If they want to price up isf same as is that's their decision I guess but seems an odd one.

Their pricing will come from the data they have collected over the years and they will factor in the probability of breakage and the cost of dealing with it. I would imagine that the 200 odd IS-Fs in the UK are well looked after, whilst many of the normal ISFs will be less cherished company cars, so it is not a surprise that the financial risk to Lexus is the same.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links