Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

hi

i have a lexus is250 sport and the other morning on the way to work i hit a pot hole on the passenger side , i now notice that the right headlight seems high, and when i first start the car and turn the lights on the head lights do not go up and down as before the pot hole incidence , and yes the afs is still on.any thoughts.

regards stubbs.

Sounds as if your self-levelling function got stuffed by the shock from hitting the pothole. You should get it checked out - it might be very expensive to fix. Can you get evidence of an reported-but-unfixed pothole? - sometimes you can claim for pothole-induced damage from the council.

thanks for the reply john , looks like that could be an expensive pothole,could you tell me what the scenario is to change the self-levelling function ie is it two new headlamps .

thanks regards john.

Not sure what's involved - maybe you can just replace the motors rather than the actual headlights. Or maybe it's something much simpler - some sort of reset?

The inspection routine in the workshop manual starts by connecting the Intelligent Tester and using it to drive the headlamps up and down. Followed by possible replacement of the 'AFS ecu'. Then there are whole series (several!) of resistance measurements on connectors and the motors.

It looks as if the motors can be replaced. If you have HID headlights there are swivel motors too - removing them involves drilling into the headlight units (eek!)

thanks for the answer , i came home in the fog tonight and the left hand beam [ passenger side] is on the road and kerb but also up in the air like a spilt beam if that make's sense and the driver's side is only slightly up . i'm hoping it's just a loose connection . still thanks for your reply's much appreciated .

regards john

the roads in England are nothing short of a disgrace, I am Irish and pretty used to rubbish roads, I would expect more tbh from a relatively wealthy economy of a large population. Southampton has some shocking roads, I regularly have to thread through roads in and around the city. For me getting nice expensive alloys is a no, just not worth the money with the condition of the roads in general.

That damage could be costly, did you take a photo, get a claim on the council.

Don't give me this crap on councils having no cash, we all pay a crap load of taxes every year, how much does tarmac and a few trucks cost.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links