Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Should My Car Have Tpms?

I have just checked and adjusted (to 35psi front / 38 psi rear) the tyres in my 2008 facelift (2009 model year) IS 250 SE-L.

I had assumed that this car would have the TPMS (Tyre Pressure Monitoring System) fitted, but when I went to re-initialise it I couldn't find the option on the satellite menu. I've also checked the 2009 MY brochure and it makes no mention of TPMS.

Am I right in thinking that my car doesn't have this warning system fitted? (Seems strange, as it has just about every other electronic gizmo known to mankind!)

I have just checked and adjusted (to 35psi front / 38 psi rear) the tyres in my 2008 facelift (2009 model year) IS 250 SE-L.

I had assumed that this car would have the TPMS (Tyre Pressure Monitoring System) fitted, but when I went to re-initialise it I couldn't find the option on the satellite menu. I've also checked the 2009 MY brochure and it makes no mention of TPMS.

Am I right in thinking that my car doesn't have this warning system fitted? (Seems strange, as it has just about every other electronic gizmo known to mankind!)

Not on there as far as I know

who needs it.............

Americans, due to regulations.

A lot of states have no annual checks at all. Others only have smog tests. If owners don't take the car in for a service, and don't maintain it, they never notice that the tyres are running at 10PSI until they plough right into a line of pedestrians / flip over and catch on fire.

This forum is entirely populated by people who actually care... those who don't often really couldn't care less about something as minor as tyre pressure unless their car is making annoying noises.

They don't however my old 55plate GS300 had it on, which pretty much had the same amount of kit as my IS. So it was a suprise when I found out it didnt but hey they need something other than a longer bodied car to justify a price jump from the IS to the GS.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links