Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Questions On A Just Bought 09 Gs450H...... Joins My Sc430

Hello,

Just bought a 2009 GS450h SE-L in Tuscan Olive so wanted to say hello and introduce myself.

Great car, just need to sort out a sticking rear caliper pin- I see from posts it is a fairly common issue and I am willing to bet the Jag dealer i got the car from may be averse to paying for it! Hey ho, they gave me a 3 month insurance based 'warranty'.

A couple of new owner questions that a search didn't instantly come up with answers for:

First one is when driving there are no restrictions/greyed out buttons at all on access to the Lexus OEM phone/nav/music systems via the screen - is this a standard fit or has it been 'tweaked'??

Second - how accurate is the mpg/distance to go read outs on the instrument panel, i.e. if the car says there are 20 miles left, is that close to reality or not?

I've ordered a Vaistech MML from the States so I can get fullish access to my iPod via the car controls. Still not sure where to put it - Vaiss say there may be an issue with charging of some iPad/iPhones if the USB extension is used. Any one experienced this?

Thanks in advance for your help and assistance. I thought the SC430 showed understated power, until I drove the GS!

C

gallery_43921_1229_200559.jpg

Hello,

Just bought a 2009 GS450h SE-L in Tuscan Olive so wanted to say hello and introduce myself.

Great car, just need to sort out a sticking rear caliper pin- I see from posts it is a fairly common issue and I am willing to bet the Jag dealer i got the car from may be averse to paying for it! Hey ho, they gave me a 3 month insurance based 'warranty'.

A couple of new owner questions that a search didn't instantly come up with answers for:

First one is when driving there are no restrictions/greyed out buttons at all on access to the Lexus OEM phone/nav/music systems via the screen - is this a standard fit or has it been 'tweaked'??

Second - how accurate is the mpg/distance to go read outs on the instrument panel, i.e. if the car says there are 20 miles left, is that close to reality or not?

I've ordered a Vaistech MML from the States so I can get fullish access to my iPod via the car controls. Still not sure where to put it - Vaiss say there may be an issue with charging of some iPad/iPhones if the USB extension is used. Any one experienced this?

Thanks in advance for your help and assistance. I thought the SC430 showed understated power, until I drove the GS!

C

Welcome Michael.Lovely car.

Can`t say whether or not I`ve noticed if items are greyed out or not!

I never let the fuel go below one quarter of the tank, so would not need to trust the amount of fuel remaining.

The warranty you have been given is irrelevant as you receive a 6 month statutory warranty via the Sale of Goods Act. Google it and find out the details.

Regards

John

Compliments for the car, I own a GS450h too and still love it after almost 4 years I drive it.

About your questions, the main limitation for audio/tel on screen is in video cd/dvd, you can watch a video only in P and with stationary brake inserted; in telephone mode you can search in memory only at still car, but it's possible to make a call to fast call numbers at any speed.

Distance to go is very prudential: the reserve light is on with 50 km. left indicated, but actually you have at least 10 liters again in tank, nonetheless my suggestion is to make fuel when in reserve because it's not safe to go out of fuel as fuel pump is expensive ;-)

I've got a GS and RX at the moment but looking to change the RX for a SC. Any problems with the SC?

Only problem is getting enough time to drive it :) It's a great car all year round and in Summer is unbeatable. I've had zero issues. Important to ensure the cambelt/water pump and tensioners all done if up to 100k or 8/9 years old. Apart from that the only costs to me have been general servicing. The car will be 11 years old this summer and looks only like 2 or 3 years old. Build quality is superb and tho' it's a roadster not a sports, it is enjoyable to throw around on occasions in sport mode..........

Good service history is a must.

hth

Compliments for the car, I own a GS450h too and still love it after almost 4 years I drive it.

About your questions, the main limitation for audio/tel on screen is in video cd/dvd, you can watch a video only in P and with stationary brake inserted; in telephone mode you can search in memory only at still car, but it's possible to make a call to fast call numbers at any speed.

Distance to go is very prudential: the reserve light is on with 50 km. left indicated, but actually you have at least 10 liters again in tank, nonetheless my suggestion is to make fuel when in reserve because it's not safe to go out of fuel as fuel pump is expensive ;-)

Thank you, and thanks for the information and advice - really helpful; it's good to hear from a long term owner

Hello,

C

Welcome Michael.Lovely car.

Can`t say whether or not I`ve noticed if items are greyed out or not!

I never let the fuel go below one quarter of the tank, so would not need to trust the amount of fuel remaining.

The warranty you have been given is irrelevant as you receive a 6 month statutory warranty via the Sale of Goods Act. Google it and find out the details.

Regards

John

Thanks for the compliments John, and the guidance. Am ringing dealer in the morning to explain will rely on SoGA not insurance. Have had a very competitive quote from Lexus dealer to replace the caliper so am aiming to get them to accept that otherwise it could cost them a lot more........... we'll see. Wasn't impressed - Dealer is part of Stratstone Group!

Hello,

C

With regards to charging whilst using an extension, I have found no such problem whilst connecting my Iphone 6.

Carl

Carl,

Thanks for answering my question and for responding on your Vaiss thread. I am still looking at a glove box location for ease but will review once i have got the MML unit.

Michael

Carl,

Thanks for answering my question and for responding on your Vaiss thread. I am still looking at a glove box location for ease but will review once i have got the MML unit.

Michael

Yes there is certainly space in the glovebox although I'm not sure where you run the wires for that instal. I never really looked at it in detail as I didn't intend fitting there. The hardest part is having space to drill holes if necessary in confined areas. If the glovebox comes out then that might make things easier. I'm Sure someone will have done it and know the best route for the wires.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links