Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New (To Me) Purchase, Some Advice

I used to have an IS200, which was a very reliable comfortable car. After a few years away (mercs, BMWs, Volvos etc). I'm back!

I have just bought (off ebay) where I buy all my cars, an 06 plate IS250 petrol with the cheaper tax band. It's a 6 speed manual (which I prefer) I know most of you are auto fans!

Does the car have Bluetooth capability all set up? It's an SE model.

Or will I have to fit a parrot kit etc?

I'm picking it up early next week.

Will post picks soon, it's metallic black with beige leather interior and 2 previous owners. Mileage 103000 which I'm not worried about as my last IS had 160000 on the clock when I sold it and ran perfectly.

It depends if it's got the multimedia add on I think. Sat nav etc. I could be wrong though.

Even if you have Bluetooth it will only be voice... So no audio streaming if you want that.... Lexus came to that game very late!

You could do the Parrot or the Blackberry gateway routes. Both will allow voice / music streaming

Great cars... Welcome back to sanity ;-)

"an 06 plate IS250 petrol with the cheaper tax band. It's a 6 speed manual"

Have you checked the tax band on your new car? If I'm not mistaken, i think the manual version is a tad expensive. Apologies if i'm wrong.

That may actually be correct Geoff.

I read somewhere that up to certain point the road tax on the manual boxed car is around £285 or so. For the later vehicles I believe it to be £460 pa.

The most expensive tax group prior to March 23rd 2006 was band K - currently £285 per annum, so if a manual 250 was registered before that date it is still now subject to paying £285. On that date (budget day) bands L and M were introduced - L is currently £485 and M - £500.

Manual 250s first registered after 23 March 2006 are band L - but autos are band K.

Note that there's a budget coming up next week - that's when tax rates might change!

Reminds me of a mate who happlly updated his old Ford Galaxy to a model 4 years younger, only to find his tax was doubled...talk about taking the shine off a new motor

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links