Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

After About 7 Ls400S It's Time For A 430

Hi Rudy

Lovely looking car and really pleased to hear that you have got the door card off to open the door.

I had a similar problem on a Merc 190 a few years ago - managed to get the door trim off after removing the door rubber from inside the car but it was not an easy job.

Well worth spending the time, effort and money to eliminate the faults - enjoy your new toy!

Regards

Colin

• Like 1

That's the subwoofer and speakers fixed as well.

There's a proper BOOM from that Mark Levinson unit :)

Not a clue why, but after fixing the speakers, the head unit seems to remember it's settings again.

An LS seems to fix itself when you give it a little push :)

That's the subwoofer and speakers fixed as well.

There's a proper BOOM from that Mark Levinson unit :)

Not a clue why, but after fixing the speakers, the head unit seems to remember it's settings again.

An LS seems to fix itself when you give it a little push :)

How you fix the sub and speakers ? new ?

To be fair Mike, I think you must have a well trained ear to be able to tell the difference between the ML and the stereo in the MK4.

Maybe when you have them side by side you can tell the difference.

it's been a while since I've had a mk4 so it's hard to tell from memory.

• Like 1

To be fair Mike, I think you must have a well trained ear to be able to tell the difference between the ML and the stereo in the MK4.

Maybe when you have them side by side you can tell the difference.

it's been a while since I've had a mk4 so it's hard to tell from memory.

You are right about having them side by side. The system in the MK4 is awesome, I couldn't believe my ears when I first listened to one. Mike

Took some new pics after a wash.

Always the best way to find any bodywork issues.

A few small scratches which is to be expected from a 14yo car, but no dents at all :)

post-26221-0-88313800-1426606096_thumb.j

post-26221-0-69415200-1426606508_thumb.j

My boss has one of these mk1 LS430 a 2001 Y reg same color but doesn't use it now and parked up in corner of his haulage yard rotting away 😣

On that note he's now got a 14plate LS460 near same color 😄 but still a shame that his orginal LSs is hidden in corner

Can't see the 430 but it's behind my 600 and far end of yard on right handside

post-11502-0-53827800-1426608643_thumb.j

I'd always said to him if he was to sell it I'd buy it off him.... He approached me 2-3yrs ago about buying it and I said thanks but no thanks due to rust coming thru both front doors along the trim, plus it had the milk stain in passenger nsf window.....

With it being sat for so long all brake pipes need renewing and leveling sensors are KAPUTT now as well.... It's just going to rack n ruin

Lol I did offer him £200 scrap money for it ...I shan't repeat what he said to me lol

• Like 1

He bought it brand new and has certainly got his money's worth out of it.... Interior wise you'd think it was near brand new.... His ls430 was the 1st lexus I had ever been in and is what made me buy my 1st Lexus LS and I've never looked back ever since.... Think he only got the new LS460 because I'd said I was looking at 600s lol he's still jealous tho.... But he did give me my own parking space in company's yard as he knows how protective I am of my car as he is.... Pays to suck up to boss lol

I'd always said to him if he was to sell it I'd buy it off him.... He approached me 2-3yrs ago about buying it and I said thanks but no thanks due to rust coming thru both front doors along the trim, plus it had the milk stain in passenger nsf window.....

With it being sat for so long all brake pipes need renewing and leveling sensors are KAPUTT now as well.... It's just going to rack n ruin

Lol I did offer him £200 scrap money for it ...I shan't repeat what he said to me lol

not a way you treat a lexus is it? sounds like its never going to make it back on the road - such a shame

It has...... I'll make enquires next time I'm up to see him

Ps don't hold your breath tho he's a miserable sod when it comes to giving stuff away lol

So, will you inform him of that Graham, when you give him his Annual Performance Review ??

Regards

John:) :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links