Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

I emailed my local Toyota dealer to see if they were able to service my 450h because the Lexus dealer is miles away. Here's his reply.

Good Morning Mr P...

We are able to service your Lexus, however we are unable to
carry out any warranty work and we do not have the equipement to read
diagnostic fault codes as we are not aloud access.

I hope we can be of service to you and your Lexus in the
future.

Regards

Now the warranty work I can understand but not being able to read fault codes. I thought I could do that myself. Isn't the Hybrid system in the Lexus similar to the Toyota Hybrids?

Does anyone else use a Toyota dealer for Hybrid service/repairs?

Maybe they are not allowed access.

Toyota/Lexus both use techstream for diagnostics so the equipment is the same. It could be that their software doesn't let them proceed if it detects that a Lexus Vehicle has been connected instead of a Toyota one.

:iraqi-info-minister:

• Like 2

That's bull....... Excuse my language , when I had my GS450h I put it into my Toyota dealer to read on their computer due to a fault no problems with gaining access,

Also I was advised by the Lexus dealer I bought my LS600HL off to put car into nearest Toyota dealer to get a spare key programmed as my nearest Lexus dealer is 185mls away,

Warranty work NO

servicing and fault diagnosing YES

• Like 1

The diagnostic software has a key to enable Lexus vehicles. It is the same with the parts database. Without it they are somewhat restricted.

However I suspect the answer was more related to policy/T&Cs from Toyota GB etc. rather than what is possible technically.

• Like 1

Just had another email in response to my request for the possibility of doing a Hybrid Health Check.

Hello John

We think we can do a hybrid health check, but we would need
to plug in your car to confirm.

We can definitely give your car a check over which we would
do for you FOC.

Regards

Andy

Sounds good to me as long as they don't find a bunch of non existent faults. :)

My local dealer , Struans in Perth, have said they can service both my gs450h and my wife's rx450h and having had better service from them in the past with my wife's previous RAV4 than lexus dealer that's where her car will be going . Costs a bit less as well. They also advised that they can do hybrid health checks.

Just had another email in response to my request for the possibility of doing a Hybrid Health Check.

What are your reasons for having a hybrid health check? If it's to obtain a 12 month warranty extension to the hybrid Battery then I doubt they could offer that as that warranty is provided by Toyota GB.

If it is just to see how the hybrid system is performance then as they say I'm sure they can carry out the procedure.

I've just bought the car and never having had a hybrid before, it's just for my own peace of mind.

I read the codes before I bought it and it all seems to work fine but if there is a fault, a report is good ammunition to use against the dealer I bought it from.

I took the car to the Toyota dealer today, they advised on a couple of items but weren't able to do the Hybrid check. They said everything seemed to be working as it should but couldn't issue a health certificate.

And for all that they charged me £0, they even gave my a couple of floor mat clips.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links