Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Never Again Will I Complain...

..about getting a CT200 as a courtesy car.

moviOMdl.jpg

This is the monstrosity that Ultimate Finish gave me as a courtesy car. Possibly the worst car I have ever driven.....especially driving 100 miles along the M25 and M3 in the pouring rain this morning. My ISF is getting a full detail there and I'm picking it up on Saturday morning....should look nice and I will post some pictures up.

I had the wheels refurbished last week as they all had minor scuffs and dings that needed sorting out. Some of them were times when I am sure I haven't scraped a kerb and looked like road debris has hit them and UF are coating the wheels so hopefully they should hold up better over the summer.

It really is going to be an expensive month.

One thing I have noticed with my ISF is that the coolant level has dropped to the minimum. I topped it up last year after buying some at the local dealer and I have looked for any residue around the engine bay but there is no sign of a leak. Will have to keep an eye on that in case it needs sorting out under warranty.

Ha ha ha, made me think about a photograph I saw some time ago where you could fit 2 Smart cars into a standard parking space, you do realise that the Smart car has one thing the ISF doesn't....... a turbocharger! Having said that the egines are under 1000cc.

You could always put a sticker on the rear end "MY OTHER CAR IS A LEXUS ISF"

I just hope they do an excellent job on your ISF and it was worth all the pain and suffering :)

• Like 1

Ha Ha, they offered me that car when I took mine there, I suddenly

remembered I had a friend who could come and pick me up, I would say do you
have to sit in the back to drive it, but then it doesn’t have a back, I would
say though its very easy to clean the back window from sitting in the drivers
seat.

• Like 1

I quite like the ct and don't get the stick it gets to be honest. I would not like driving that though!

Be good to see the car before and after. I am getting mine done in June. Full paint correction, interior and engine bay. Asked the chap to take pics and I'll post them up.

Stu

Ha Ha, they offered me that car when I took mine there, I suddenly

remembered I had a friend who could come and pick me up, I would say do you

have to sit in the back to drive it, but then it doesn’t have a back, I would

say though its very easy to clean the back window from sitting in the drivers

seat.

My heart sank when Jez said he was getting the Smart car for me to drive home..maybe my expectations were a bit too high. The one thing I did like about it was as I was sitting so far back my all round visibility was spot on...I could see when a lorry was about to roll over me!

Sadly I have no friends able to save me from the 2 hour drive from hell.

Oh dear! :(

You're right, CT200h is a luxury courtesy car in comparison! ;)

Coolant leak could be building up under the intake manifold? If so, you can't see it.

Should be apparent when they do the fuel pipe recall work though?

Guys in the States have saved on labour getting it fixed that way. Not sure if the warranty covers it?

Enjoy the Noddy mobile! ;) ;)

Oh dear! :(

You're right, CT200h is a luxury courtesy car in comparison! ;)

Coolant leak could be building up under the intake manifold? If so, you can't see it.

Should be apparent when they do the fuel pipe recall work though?

Guys in the States have saved on labour getting it fixed that way. Not sure if the warranty covers it?

Enjoy the Noddy mobile! ;) ;)

Mine apparently didn't need the fuel pipe recall...so they wouldn't have picked up on it at the service. The warranty should cover it...it's not a wear and tear item so I will keep an eye on it and get them to sort it out if it drops any more.

As for the noddy car....it's not physically possible to enjoy it.

Lol.

Think of it this way, at least you know you will be returning it soon! For some people they own one of those all the time! ;)

You'll really appreciate your car when you get it back mate! :)

• Like 1

Lol.

Think of it this way, at least you know you will be returning it soon! For some people they own one of those all the time! ;)

You'll really appreciate your car when you get it back mate! :)

Tell me about it...it's going to be like driving it for the first time. Must make sure I don't risk it on the M25 though...would be gutting to get a speeding ticket on the way home.

On my last service, they told me I had a coolant leak and needed a new water pump. They said it is a very common failure in the IS. £500 to fix it (covered under warranty).

I always thought the Smart Car would be fun to drive... I am one of those that hated the CT as a courtesy car. But then again I had a new ML 250 (Merc SUV) recently and thought it was dreadful. The IS-F really spoils you.

On my last service, they told me I had a coolant leak and needed a new water pump. They said it is a very common failure in the IS. £500 to fix it (covered under warranty).

I always thought the Smart Car would be fun to drive... I am one of those that hated the CT as a courtesy car. But then again I had a new ML 250 (Merc SUV) recently and thought it was dreadful. The IS-F really spoils you.

Glad to hear there should be no issue about warranty on the replacement...my dealership are usually very good. As for the Smart car...it is more fun around town than long journeys on the motorway, I'm dreading the drive back when I go to pick up car though. Motorway driving is no fun at all.

I actually have a similar Smart car as a second car and I quite like it. Obviously not a patch on any Lexus I've driven, but it's good at being what it is - a cheap small city car. It only takes up half my garage as they other half is a utility room which is a bonus too. It's nothing fancy but has all the basics, even simple climate control.

It just cost me less than £190 to insure me and the wife on it for a year, £30 a year tax on my turbo version which is surprisingly nippy around town and £28 a tank. I'm reluctant to get rid as it basically costs me nothing as a second car/run around. :)

Having said that, the first time you drive one it does take some getting used to, especially coming from a Lexus!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links