Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Is300 70k Service

I took my car in for a 70k service on tuesday to a lexus dealer, does anybody have or know what is ment to be replaced apart from oil and filter for the 70k service, as im gonna ring them up tomorrow and complain as not everything was changed and dont want to look a fool if the items, that have not been changed arnt ment to.

... have not changed the air filter, toped up the coolant(was told coolant gets replaced @ 70k..bollo*cks) or washer fluid but hav charged me for it on the invoice.

....what p i s s e s me off is that they were quick to tell me what faults the car had/what needed replacing, but they cant get there "BASIC" servicing right!!! @ a main lexus dealership.

Rant over.

I took my car in for a 70k service on tuesday to a lexus dealer, does anybody have or know what is ment to be replaced apart from oil and filter for the 70k service, as im gonna ring them up tomorrow and complain as not everything was changed and dont want to look a fool if the items, that have not been changed arnt ment to.

... have not changed the air filter, toped up the coolant(was told coolant gets replaced @ 70k..bollo*cks) or washer fluid but hav charged me for it on the invoice.

....what p i s s e s me off is that they were quick to tell me what faults the car had/what needed replacing, but they cant get there "BASIC" servicing right!!! @ a main lexus dealership.

Rant over.

70k is the same as a 10k mate so here goes

check lights and wipers

check air filter blow out if nessasary

oil and filter

top up screen wash

check coolant strenth and coolant level(pink coolant 100k red and green 40k)

tyre pressures

wheels off to look at the brakes

check the wheels for buckles

check brake fluid level and condition

check clutch fluid level and condition

and a general check over of the car

hope that helps matey

When I read that list again, it reminds me why I have gone over to a reputable 'ordinary' garage for servicing work. My last 'Lexus' service was a major, and afterwards I started to doubt that the plugs had actually been changed....probably had.... but it shows that I have lost confidence in them.

Most of the stuff on the list even I can do myself !!...but I do want my book to be fully stamped up, so garage it is.

Can't beat a good rant anyway !

right as for major services

20k same as 10k but change brake fluid and diff oil adjust handbrake, polin filter check.

40k same as 20k but gear oil gets changed poss coolant depending on colour(green/red)

60k same as 20 but plugs get changed and timing belt due

then cont

80k same as 40k

100k same as 20k but coolant change due(pink)

clutch fluid we recomend on a 40k

a/c service recomend check and recharge 20k

air filter 30k or 40k depending on year/month of build.

mot every year.

to janet please dont tar all dealerships with the same brush some of us do know what we're doin.lol. :winky:

cheers, thanks.

Still gonna call them 2moro and let them know im not happy.

you go for it and get some free stuff as compensation!

also check your oil and make sure its on the max if not kick up a stink too.you might even get a free service and a full valet.

I was quoted £225 with Gold Member Discount for 70k miles service at Lexus Twickenham.

I initially thought it was a good price, until started asking questions and realised it was just an expensive oil change. I am going to get my car serviced at a local garage.

well the original service was £230, but then u get the phone call...by the way Sir as your car is on the ramp we have noticed that this that and the other needs replacing(******$)..so the final invoice was jus under £300.

...im just angry that wat i paid for aint been done.

Called twice today to get hold of the Aftersales manager, he was "out" both times, will try again tomorrow.

i was talkin to a guy at work today who has a is220d(Company car), and he has had the same sort of issue with the same dealer, but did not do anythin about it as its a company car and he does not pay for servicing. (Lexus Birmingham if anyone wants to know)

thats no more expensive than VW, Audi or even Hyundai

cant see what the problem is

You did go to a Lexus main dealer right :whistling:

Im sure a few people would pay that for a main dealer service, reassurance, stamp in the book for a quality motor.. :question:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links