Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Blue Dash....

gib

LED AUTO selling a blue dash kit for the IS

Anyone tried this company out - I notice onoe or two members have had the lights changed on the dash

Is it easy enough?

How does it look when alongside the orange glow of the centre console etc

forget LED auto design... piece of sh*t,,, his products make work for othere cars like vectras, fords etc,, but they do not work for LExus..... but by all means go ahead and try them,, im sure he will give you your money back,,

I've some some LEDs from UltraLEDs in my dash at the moment. I'm not 100% happy with them, and not as even as I'd like, but for a 15 minte upgrade I'm quite pleased. Will see if I can organise some pics.

Paul, did you get around to the dash section of your guide yet? Did you do it same way as the 'Shadowboxer' ones in US?

I've some some LEDs from UltraLEDs in my dash at the moment. I'm not 100% happy with them, and not as even as I'd like, but for a 15 minte upgrade I'm quite pleased. Will see if I can organise some pics.

Paul, did you get around to the dash section of your guide yet? Did you do it same way as the 'Shadowboxer' ones in US?

Some pics would be great

the shadow boxer method means that leds for the 3 centre dials are not all there, thus giving the shadow.. ive also tried aiming 10k MCD 5mm leds in the gauge housing,, but to no great effect... and to be honest, the time and effort soldering in and aiming the leds for the speedo cluster just isnt worth the time..

LED AUTO selling a blue dash kit for the IS

Anyone tried this company out - I notice onoe or two members have had the lights changed on the dash

Is it easy enough?

How does it look when alongside the orange glow of the centre console etc

I bought a blue LED dash kit from LED auto design, the kit took about 20 mins to fit and looks ace, it looks ok next to the orange dash cause it's pretty well seperated from it, I had no problems at all with the kit and think its well worth the money,,,

I got mine for £25 off eBay!!!

lol Mate,, no disrespect to you ,but you must be easerly pleased,, his kit is a piece of *****, bet you dont realise he overexposes the picture on eBay to make it look bright and even...

any chance you could post up a pic of the completed speedo cluster..

have a look at this thread to bring you up to herespeed..http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=12700&hl=blue

Ever wished you hadn't started something??

I read the link, thanks, but phew it was hard work!!??

Is there any kit out there worth buying - or should I stick to orange

Talking of dash kits & Led's, on my dash on the speed betwwwn the 80mph and 100mph mark the led has blown or something  :tsktsk: looks pretty naff, any idea how to get it sorted, is it easy DIY??

yeh,, just remove the bezel, then pull out the cluster to gain access to the bulb.. it is DIY

I bought a blue led dash kit from led auto design, the kit took about 20 mins to fit and looks ace, it looks ok next to the orange dash cause it's pretty well seperated from it, I had no problems at all with the kit and think its well worth the money,,,

pah....the kit is absolutely pants!! I had it in my car when myself and Paul were testing / researching all the options....a complete load of rubbish, many others here saw it and laughed at it too!! Even if it is only 25quid...I still wouldn't let the guy selling them have the privilage of taking my money as he is a complete :tsktsk: !

Also for the record and encase you have seen it advertised...the Lextasy kit is only fractionally better...and i mean fractionally, to my mind it is still not worth the money...oh and one of the bulbs went after only a few months of using the kit!

I'm affraid that unless you want to undertake Paul's LED DIY mod...your never going to get the real deal!!

here's a picture of my cluster post kit instalation, i have no problems with it and personally think it looks great, better than the naff orange!!

That looks cool matey. Was it fairly easy to do?

Yes a piece if p*ss, there are only 3 screws that hold the cluster in, two connectors on the back then it's simply a matter of changing the bulbs, all in all took about 20-30 mins!!!!

Green.sized.jpg

here's a picture of my cluster post kit instalation, i have no problems with it and personally think it looks great, better than the naff orange!!

what exposure time did you have on the camera for that pic..

this pic below is his kit with an auto exposure.

normal_exp_no_flash.sized.jpg

this is a longer exposure (iso400) of the same kit

iso400_no_flash_001.sized.jpg

This cover is the kit i have used on a normal exposure, notice the needles are also lit up..

full.sized.jpg

and a green one to boot.

I just had the camera on auto, no flash it wasn't particually dark outside so the exposure time was fairly short(had it have been long it would have been a bit blury and over exposed in places) , the picture is a true representation of what it looks like, like I say I am pleased with it, it is plenty bright enough and evenly lit. green looks quite cool, but I think I'll stick with blue, I notice you have additional bulbs by the looks of it for the Battery, temp and mpg gauges is that correct, I also notice that on your picture labled auto exposure it looks like some if the bulbs ae not working, when I first intalled mine it was a little trial and error as led's are polarity sensitive and will only pass current / light one way so a few needed turning round before they would work.

, I notice you have additional bulbs by the looks of it for the battery, temp and mpg gauges is that correct,

Nope,, there are only 5 LED's used,, same amount as auto designs..

I also notice that on your picture labled auto exposure it looks like some if the bulbs ae not working,

that picture my friend is the same kit as yours from LED auto design, and is what some 5 othere members that purchased the kit also saw when they installed them, so i wonder if auto design has improved the design.. so you see the sceptism when you say the kit works,,, did you know that andy of LED auto design repored me to ebays sqaure trade for daring the say his product sucks big time,, yet he didnt go through with his own suggestion of an independent person to look at the kit and resorted to sending me stupid one word emails..

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links