Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My Visit To Dr Bones' Surgery ...

MrADeveci

Went along to STS Watford today, (223 Lower High Street, Watford, WD17 2HQ) to see the Dr him self. = Tony Bones (wheels-inmotion.co.uk)

I had a set of Eibach's in my garage for a while .... and asked if Tony could put those on for me, as well as do my Geomtry.

Tony said that wouldn't be a problem, and quoted me £80 + vat to intall the springs!! Considering, I rang three other places .... and got quotes from £150 - £200 + vat, this was yet again another great price Tony was offering me.

Here are the results ....................

eibach_before.jpgeibach_after.jpg

The car is now actually just slightly lower than the pics .... (only very slightly) as the springs have relaxed a little.

eibach_springs.jpgeibach_fitted.jpg

The Dr him self .... hard at work (on the left)

tonyatwork.jpgeibach_ramp.jpg

Over all - springs fitted , and full geometry done, about 3 1/2 hours, I think !

Driving the car home ........ it just feels great, what a great difference that -30mm lowering makes on the car , and the ride !!

So ..... get your springs ......... and get Tony to put em on ! ;)

Over all, great job - the level of service you would expect from a proffesional fitter :D

That's a great price mate!  :hehe:  :P  :D

Looks a whole load better too. When you going for some 18" rims?  :blink:

When I get some more ca$h :D ........... exhaust and rims to follow ........ ;)

Ahmet you just allowed a beautiful car to look "better", the scale of drop and the IS300 natural geometry recovery was "spot on" thanks to you we now can see how much the geometry "settles" from the initial recovery and the "stock" set-up.

What is the main difference between the "before and after" that you noticed? i know it's early days but could you give a:

Its better "because"

Its worse "because"

Oh and thanks for the pic :blush: i look like i'm sucking a lemon, lol, was you working under cover!

Its better "because"

Its worse "because"

So far ........... in the 65 miles I have done ..... It's better because

It feels better ............

It looks better ........

However, I have heard my first scrape over a speed hump already ! lol ........ I had better get used to it ! :D

Looking nice! :D

Now just watch out for the speed bumps!

You shouldn't really have too much trouble being dropped 30mm - but you are on 17"s so the car is closer to the ground.

If you want to protect your cat - I'd recommend some nice Chasis braces. OBVIOUSLY these are bought to protect you from scrapping the cat, not as another mod which makes the car handle even better and "snap" more into corners rather then wallow! :whistling: ;) :lol:

nice subtle more sporty drop there.

£80 to do springs? how much is a full alignment?

I have a mate who's contemplating in fitting some coilovers to his 156 what would you be able to quote for that? PM me if necessary

cheers!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links