Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Quick Question

ok - I'm finally getting the hang of the Klasse SG. (Apply an almost invisible amount, and leave to cure for at least 24hrs - thanks Mr. McNally)

I'm just about to give 'er another wash and apply second layer, question is: do I have to leave second layer to cure or can I pop a finishing layer of P21s on top straight away?

thanks all

h

(PS - typical - I only have to THINK about washing the car and it starts to rain... :lol: )

If it's of any help, I gave the final sealant layer 12 hrs to cure before waxing. Looked excellent!

Cheers! Yup - that's great help. Figured - can't rush these things...

Saw the shots of Black Betty after you'd given her the Klasse treatment - and she did indeed look great. Black cars just love this Klasse stuff - after the AIO and one SG layer mine's already looking liquid. B)

h

After putting on the All In One. I put five layers of Sealant Glaze on. Leaving it a week each time. Now i'm layering on top of that with the P21S Carnuba wax. Going to layer this each week, about 3 / 4 layers. Also i use the Sonus Carnuba Spritz after waxing. The wet look and shine are amazing B)

Also you can wax on sealant glaze but not put sealant glaze on wax :winky:

After putting on the All In One. I put five layers of Sealant Glaze on. Leaving it a week each time. Now i'm layering on top of that with the P21S Carnuba wax. Going to layer this each week, about 3 / 4 layers. Also i use the Sonus Carnuba Spritz after waxing. The wet look and shine are amazing B)

cor! that IS going to look shiny. Think that's the route I'll take then (well maybe only 3 layers SG and 2 P21S)

thanks for the advice all :)

h

PS - LOVE the image of Mr McNally getting James Bond to wax his Lexus - now that's classy! ;)

Good lord, are you serious?

Either your motor now weighs 5 tons, or it is so aerodynamically slippery wind just does not get a purchase?

Seriously though, i assume you wash the car before every sealant application with a gentle shampoo? And what happens if you get a scratch, do you have to build it up again?

I would never have the patience to do all that........ :duh:

Either your motor now weighs 5 tons, or it is so aerodynamically slippery wind just does not get a purchase?

Seriously though, i assume you wash the car before every sealant application with a gentle shampoo? And what happens if you get a scratch, do you have to build it up again?

Yes mate, wash with the Sonus gloss shampoo ( i think its called ).

Its worth the hard work because then for the next 4 / 5 months just wash/dry then spray with the spritz and wipe off. Looks just as good as when it was first put on :D

pretty good idea.

not only will it look awesome B) - but it will be protected from airborne crap like acid rain, bird droppings etc - its an excellent sacrificial layer that protects the underlying paintwork.

not to mention - subsequent cleaning is very easy, and brings back a beautiful shine from a simple wash and dry.

getting a scratch would be a pain, as polishing / compounding it out would remove the glaze.

:wacko:

In a whining tone: "but i don`t wanna spend all my time cleaning, waxing polishing my car"...................oops to late, i`m already washing it at least once a week, and people are beginning to stare.........

i`ll have to get some of that glaze and spritz stuff though, and probably some more Klasse aio as i find i`m using it to clean all the ruddy windows in the house, let alone the car!!!

i`m going to have to divide my time up between studying, kids, pc games, car, watching tv, surfing etc but i`m just plain running out of hours!!!!! :shutit:

In a whining tone: "but i don`t wanna spend all my time cleaning, waxing polishing my car"...................oops to late, i`m already washing it at least once a week, and people are beginning to stare.........

when you clean it once a week - spend an extra 45 minutes putting on a layer on SG.

apply it nice and thin - the merest whisper of a suggestion of product, and polish it off.

leave for a week to cure.

repeat.

you'll see a difference in two weeks - and will thank us after a month.

just

1 - do a bloody good clean first - clay, polish etc.

2 - dont wax until you are happy you dont want to apply any more glaze

3 - dont polish - as this will take you back to stage 1. A simple, gentle wash and dry is all that is needed

I love it - gives a beautiful depth of shine

when you clean it once a week - spend an extra 45 minutes putting on a layer on SG.

apply it nice and thin - the merest whisper of a suggestion of product, and polish it off.

leave for a week to cure.

repeat.

you'll see a difference in two weeks - and will thank us after a month.

just

1 - do a bloody good clean first - clay, polish etc.

2 - dont wax until you are happy you dont want to apply any more glaze

3 - dont polish - as this will take you back to stage 1. A simple, gentle wash and dry is all that is needed

I love it - gives a beautiful depth of shine

so you just leave the glaze on with nothing else, then drive around for a week, then give it another gentle wash, apply another layer of SG, drive around for a week (or 24hrs) etc, then go to the p21s stage?

Just checking---its complicated stuff this, worse than string theory :duh:

so you just leave the glaze on with nothing else, then drive around for a week, then give it another gentle wash, apply another layer of SG, drive around  for a week (or 24hrs) etc, then go to the p21s stage?

Just checking---its complicated stuff this, worse than string theory :duh:

no - wipe it right off.

you wont actually remove the product - just leave a very thin layer (think about it - it only needs to be one molecule thick to bond to the paintwork).

apply, wipe off - leave till next weekend.

gentle wash, apply - wipe off.

dead easy

lots of information about Klasse products in the Lexus Car Care Centre for people who are not familiar with the range

My little nugget of advice for people using KSG for the first time: cut your nails! You WILL probably over-apply the first time, and you WILL probably have a nightmare of a time buffing it out (too much KSG left to haze is hell). Last thing you need is a long fingernail scrtaching through the buffing cloth. :crybaby:

h

just dont leave it to haze.

apply it very thin - wipe off immediately and buff well.

I know that now - but on the first attempt the temptation is to think "Surely that little amount won't do anything." and "If I use this much per application, this bottle will live longer than I will!" - and before you know it you've over done it. Well, it was that way for me :blush:

Got it sussed now tho'

just dont leave it to haze.

apply it very thin - wipe off immediately and buff well.

I know that now - but on the first attempt the temptation is to think "Surely that little amount won't do anything." and "If I use this much per application, this bottle will live longer than I will!" - and before you know it you've over done it. Well, it was that way for me :blush:

Got it sussed now tho'

I made the same mistake first time with the SG - applied too much and it just about killed me off trying to buff it up! :o

All you need is a drop on each corner of your foam pad and one in the middle. You shouldn't even see it when applying it to the bodywork. I couldn't fathom out why it was soooooooo hard to do! :blink: But a phone call to Matt sorted me out and the results are amazing! Next time I do it I'll leave longer between each coat of SG, 24hrs minimum.

I just ordered the litre bottles of aio and sg to go along with the pc, sonus and pinnacle wax. Found this a good read

klasse application

Didnt know you could put the AIO on back and side windows. Great products and looks even better with a few layers of wax on top of all the SG B)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links