Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Rear Juddering When Pulling Away

no,

its driveline judder, because the flywheel is dual mass

what does that mean?is it a problem that needs sorting out asap?????

ok so would fitting a new flywheel ie a modded lighter one solve this problem.its a pain in the rear so to speak when it happens.

it was an issue from the start with the cars, maybe trying to not slip the clutch as much will help

putting a lighter flywheel on, may help, but they have there own drawbacks

no,

its driveline judder, because the flywheel is dual mass

what does that mean?is it a problem that needs sorting out asap?????

ok so would fitting a new flywheel ie a modded lighter one solve this problem.its a pain in the rear so to speak when it happens.

it was an issue from the start with the cars, maybe trying to not slip the clutch as much will help

putting a lighter flywheel on, may help, but they have there own drawbacks

cool will keep my eye on it or left foot of the clutch so much lol,thanks for the help

when i bought my is200 it had quite bad judder but when the clutch went and i got it replaced it has been nowhere near as bad.

had the same problem, got the flywheel / clutch replaced under warranty by Lexus despite the fact they told me judder was 'normal' due to dual mass flywheel...Anyway its okay for now, however I fully expect the judder to return when more miles get put on it.

when i bought my is200 it had quite bad judder but when the clutch went and i got it replaced it has been nowhere near as bad.

had the same problem, got the flywheel / clutch replaced under warranty by Lexus despite the fact they told me judder was 'normal' due to dual mass flywheel...Anyway its okay for now, however I fully expect the judder to return when more miles get put on it.

i still get a very slight judder every now and again but nowhere near as bad.

On my IS200, I found that whether you get judder or not is simply a matter of getting the revs right. There seem to be a couple of points on mine where you get a smooth take-off, either very little revs, or about 1500 or so. In between these or with too much revs then you get judder. Don't know if this is the same problem you're seeing.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links