Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi guys, as you know i've the error 3 on my is200 cd player. I'm out uf 5 years warranty so i've opened the CD unit to extract my 3 cds. It's all ok, my cd's are out. Now i want to know if anyone knows what i have to do to repair the radio. The cd loader is empty and when i torn on the radio all 6 cds are visualized on the display and the ERR3 is till present. I've tried to put out the fuse but nothing....

help me... :crybaby:

Mine came up with the dreaded "ERR3" message a couple of days ago. There were 2 discs jammed in it that wouldn't come out.

I removed the radio and undid the 2 screws on the back to lift the lid off it.

Once the lid was off i could see that one of the discs had jumped into two of the disc carriers, jamming it solid.

I carefully popped the disc back into it's own carrier, and plugged it back into the car.

It all worked fine after that.

I rang my Lexus dealer and the offered to replace it anyway.

Got my new one today ,and fitted it..... sounds bassier than the old one.

(cd @ top model)

• 3 weeks later...
Hi guys, as you know i've the error 3 on my is200 cd player. I'm out uf 5 years warranty so i've opened the CD unit to extract my 3 cds. It's all ok, my cd's are out. Now i want to know if anyone knows what i have to do to repair the radio. The cd loader is empty and when i torn on the radio all 6 cds are visualized on the display and the ERR3 is till present. I've tried to put out the fuse but nothing....

help me... :crybaby:

I also have an ERR 3 on my stereo. How do you remove it from the dash?

Pull out the top part of the dash(bit of brut force required) then do the same where the h/seat/TRC/snow buttons are this will expose all bolts top/bottom (4 i think).....VOILA!!! then pull out gently,be careful not to scratch tne surround of the dash,the unplug.

:)

I have a Lexus is200 year 2000 in Sweden with 110000 km on the meter. After radio stopped getting signals and Err3 occurring on the CD Lexus replaced it for a new one. The 5 year extended guarantee for the Audio kicked in!

It would have cost me SEK 13 500/GBP 1000 to fix, plus work. But they replaced it for free.

/KRIS

Pull out the top part of the dash(bit of brut force required) then do the same where the h/seat/TRC/snow buttons are this will expose all bolts top/bottom (4 i think).....VOILA!!! then pull out gently,be careful not to scratch tne surround of the dash,the unplug.

:)

I want to remove mine but find the pull out the top part of the dash a bit vague.

Where do you grab hold of and what happens to the heating dials?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links