Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is300H Advance Satnav

What satnav comes as standard with the advance? The brochure says Lexus Navigation but it also has a reversing camera. The premium navigation comes with a reversing camera so I was wondering if the advance had the premium navigation and the book was wrong. Also does it have a shark fin antenna as seems to be the norm with premium nav cars these days.

On my CT advance the reversing camera image is in the rear view mirror. Where is the image displayed on the IS advance?

Thanks

Paul

It is the standard one with the rotary controller and without connected services but with the addition of a reversing camera. My understanding is the image is displayed on the main screen rather than the rear view mirror but it doesn't have the dynamic guidelines linked to the steering as you get with the premium navigation system.

Can you show me where the camera is connected on the is300H ?? I purchased a camera but now I need to install it.

Ivan

The camera mentioned is a reversing camera and is factory fitted next to the boot opening button.

As correctly stated the Advance has the rotary controller on the sat nav system.

On my (standard spec) Advance, the reversing camera is on the satnav screen, and comes on when reverse is selected regardless of what's on the screen. It has the marker lines, very helpful, as the red line gives just room still to access the boot.

Not seen one which projects onto the rear view mirror, don't think I would want to lose the mirror, as I use it in conjunction with the camera view.

You have static lines but do you have moving lines linked to the steering wheel?

The display in the mirror doesn't fill the whole area, you see both.

You are correct, the lines are static. Interesting about the split screen. As you can guess, I'm still exploring the world of Lexus!

ImageUploadedByLexus OC1447331676.921864.jpg

This is the camera in the old style CT advance. In the mirror.

The advantage of this is you can still use the sat nav when you are going backwards.

Sent from my iPhone using Lexus OC

How far are you driving backwards Paul?!?!? lol...

the premium nav has the yellow and blue lines as well as the fixed lines, the yellow lines are connected to the steering

and the blue lines show you the direction the car will travel based on the current steering position.

my 63 plate doesn't have the sharks fin antenna but i still have dab in my opinion i prefer it without

as it gives the roof nice lines without anything ruining it

200T has no sharkfin and no reversing camera :-(

It does have a DAB radio, although I can't get it to work in the loan car I am currently driving

It has the satnav with the rotary control, but no connected services that I can see

• 3 weeks later...

Can you show me where the camera is connected on the is300H ?? I purchased a camera but now I need to install it.

Ivan

The camera mentioned is a reversing camera and is factory fitted next to the boot opening button.

As correctly stated the Advance has the rotary controller on the sat nav system.

Thanks for this info, but can you find out for me what wires need to be connected to this camera ??? and where they are located ??

IvanThe camera mentioned is a reversing camera and is factory fitted next to the boot opening button.

Thanks for this info, but can you find out for me what wires need to be connected to this camera ??? and where they are located ??

Can you show me where the camera is connected on the is300H ?? I purchased a camera but now I need to install it. Ivan

The camera mentioned is a reversing camera and is factory fitted next to the boot opening button.As correctly stated the Advance has the rotary controller on the sat nav system.

I have attached a photo of the factory fitted camera, I do not know anything about the wiring or connections and have no way of finding out, my only suggestion would be if you could find an online wiring diagram.

post-48190-0-21884700-1449563833_thumb.j

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links