Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Another year of Lexus motoring

Just passed another MOT so at least another year for the Lexus.

It was mentioned but not listed on advisories that both the front Lower Ball Joint rubber covers are perished this is somewhat surprising as both these were replaced back in August 2010 with genuine Lexus parts which means they have only lasted 6 years and the originals ran for 12 which questions the quality of OEM Lexus parts.

Unlike some german marques the emission figures are genuine with CO and HC readings at zero, pretty good for a 22 year old car.

IMG_0337.JPG

• Like 1

3 hours ago, steve2006 said:

only lasted 6 years and the originals ran for 12 which questions the quality of OEM Lexus parts.

6 years does seem a little poor, could it be more cr*p on roads in winter is eating into the rubber quicker, or just a bad batch of rubber.

Still 22 years for a car that no doubt feels better than most 2 year old motors, can't be bad.

I bet if the LS had been invented in the early 60's (with valve radios) they would still be working, and even have the original valves???

Very good news.  I think I mentioned recently that after doing an mot check, my first Lexus, a 93 LS400 that I owned for five years, has passed again with no advisories!  

Lexus have never improved (matched?) on the LS400 - my 1991 Mk1 has this week passed its MoT again with NO advisories, and a comment from the tester that he'd not heard a sweeter engine in anything he'd tested recently! I think it may outlast me . . .

• Like 1

7 hours ago, malcolmdc said:

Lexus have never improved (matched?) on the LS400 - my 1991 Mk1 has this week passed its MoT again with NO advisories, and a comment from the tester that he'd not heard a sweeter engine in anything he'd tested recently! I think it may outlast me . . .

I've read about various complimentary comments testers have made regarding these cars, it's all very encouraging, although the only one I ever got was "big init" 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links