Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Can't Lock Car!

Got up this morning to go to Work. Unlocked the car with the keyfob.

Went to Lock it when I got to work and it just won't lock, tried the remote boot release and that doesn't work either. Red LED flashes on keyfob but nothing happens.

Tried locking it with the key but only locks drivers door.

I really don't want to leave it unlocked all day.

HELP!

- Paul

You may need to re program key asfter replacing the batterys i cant figure out how to copy a linky so ive copied and pasted someone elses

GOT THIS INFO OFF A MATE , IF YOU GET A REPLACEMENT KEY OR THE REMOTE HAS LOST ITS CODE (DEAD Battery ETC) FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW . I HAVE JUST HAD TO DO IT , AND IT WORKS !!

DRIVERS DOOR OPEN AND KEY REMOVED FROM IGNITION SWITCH .

INSERT KEY INTO IGNITION SWITCH , THEN REMOVE IT .

WITHIN 40 SECONDS -

PRESS LOCK AND UNLOCK ON THE VEHICLE DOOR LOCK SWITCH AT 1 SECOND INTERVALS 5 TIMES .

CLOSE AND REOPEN DRIVERS DOOR .

WITHIN 40 SECONDS -

PRESS LOCK AND UNLOCK ON THE VEHICLE DOOR LOCK SWITCH AT 1 SECOND INTERVALS 5 TIMES .

INSERT KEY INTO IGNITION SWITCH .

SWITCH INGNITION "ON" AND "OFF" ONCE TO PROGRAM A NEW KEY CODE WHILST RETAINING THE ORIGINAL CODES OR TWICE TO PROGRAM A NEW KEY CODE WHILST ERASING THE ORIGINAL CODES .

REMOVE KEY FROM IGNITION .

*SYSTEM SHOULD NOW LOCK AND UNLOCK VEHICLE , ONCE OR TWICE DEPENDING WHICH MODE HAS BEEN SELECTED*

WITHIN 40 SECONDS -

SIMULTANEOUSLY PRESS AND HOLD KEY "LOCK" AND "UNLOCK" BUTTONS FOR A MAXIMUM OF 1.5 SECONDS .

WITHIN 3 SECONDS : PRESS ANY KEY BUTTON FOR A MINIMUM OF 1 SECOND .

NOTE --- IF SYSTEM LOCKS AND UNLOCKS TWICE VEHICLE TWICE , PROGRAMMING PROCEDURE HAS NOT BEEN COMPLETED .

NOTE --- A MAXIMUM OF 4 KEYS CAN BE PROGRAMMED .

NOTE --- TO EXIT THE PROGRAMMING MODE : CLOSE DRIVERS DOOR OR INSERT IGNITION KEY .

WELL THERE YOU GO , I HOPE IT HELPS SOMEONE OUT THERE .

just swap the battery. The programming is within the vehicle, not the key.

Strange that the central locking didn't work when you locked the drivers door. Maybe the problem isn't the keyfob.

Just what I was thinking, thought the car should fully lock with the key in the drivers door?

Thanks for all your advice got it working again by replacing batteries then following your instructions on re-setting the code. I'm guesing I do the same with my spare key too and both will still work?, (they Battery was dead in the spare key too when I checked it).

After that, the door to our office fell off the hinges and we had to use a crowbar to fix it. Not a good day today! :lol:

Cheers guys

- Paul :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links