Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello, I'm A New Lexus Sales Executive

LexusMNsalesAnthony

Hello everyone. Thank you for letting me be part of the Lexus owners club.

I recently found myself with the great opportunity to work for Lexus. After 2 weeks of extensive training and a week of getting to know the team I have been set a challenge. I have been asked to come up with a quiz for everyone who works at my particular Lexus branch.

I was wondering if any of you could help me to come up with some more obscure questions to test my team with. The subject of the quiz is the current versions of the IS250 and IS300h

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards

Anthony

Hi Anthony,welcome to the LOC and congratulations on achieving a position within Lexus, it is reassuring to know we as members can now benefit from a 50% discount on list price for a new Lexus :) :) :)

I'm sure some of our members in return will be able to provide suitable questions for your quiz.

• Like 1

I think it is a good idea to have a Lexus representative on the forum - The forum is open to anyone to view the experiences Lexus customers are having with their "products" without registering. Being registered to the forum gives you the added opportunity to add comments / suggestions and to help other owners with problems they may have. I would hope you could add any help or general advice for people owning the Lexus brand throughout the range during your time on this forum.?

This is a premium brand of car and at times there are obviously issues with the service from different dealers and also issues, quite obvious ones, with the cars that the users experience but the dealers don't or wont recognise. A case in point is the issue with seizing calipers - been around since 1999 but to my knowledge still not resolved, certainly not resolved up to the 2008 on certain models.

Is this a bit of a marketing exercise that's being undertaken here? Every manufacturer is looking at ways to increase its sales base and you will find, and this will be backed up by posts on this forum, that a lot of existing customers will return to the brand if treated right and had a good experience with their current model - I have ... even though I myself have experienced unresolved issues and unbelievable part prices. I don't know if my next car will be a Lexus and that's a further case in point in keeping your customer base happy. You will need to generate new sales and a majority of these will be from previous custom.

It would be a good area to look at supporting users of the older models, who will in return, support your brand and make further purchases in the future.

So my question, although I own a 2007 model Lexus so is not really relevant to your request above, would be how can you offer a better service in both part prices and customer service to the customers with the older models.

Another question would be how can you introduce a web based service account for the car you own - one where you could log into to see what work has been done to the car you own and also give you an indication of what service work is required for the following year. At this point in time you need to travel to a dealer to ask for the history of the car you own and that depends on whether they have it or they let you see it.

I have only had my Lexus for a few weeks but did e-mail Lexus Bradford who supplied me with history of my car. They als informed me about the upcoming service and prices. I won't be paying their prices.

No need to actually visit a dealer.

My question is, why are salesmen utter a***holes at the premium brand dealers? i.e. BMW, Audi, etc. When you pull into some of their dealerships they don't even greet you.

I have not had any experience of Lexus, but would assume they would be the same from some of the comments on this site.

Hello again, thanks for all your replies.

Just a small bit of information about me.

I came across this site whilst I was doing some research and thought it would be nice to be part of the community. There were some really good discussions that caught my attention and it seems everyone is really knowledgeable. Marketing was not my intention at all. I don't have a lot of experience using internet forums and wouldn't know where to start.

In response to Garry's question about salesmen. I have had 2 weeks extensive training about Toyota, Lexus, tthe RRG group and all of their values. Bradford Lexus is a part of RRG but I cannot say if they have had the same training as me with regards to Lexus 5* service.

As part of my training I had to visit a BMW dealer to do a fake mystery shop to see what kind of service people receive and how I can be different and in turn give a better service.

I have compiled the 20 questions and if anyone is interested then I don't mind sharing them with you all. My Business manager and General manager scored 11/20 and my Two colleagues scored 9/20.

The questions were as follows:

1. How many generations of the IS have there been?

2. What year was the first IS launched?

3. How many approved IS models do we currently have available to sell?

4. What is the difference in price between the IS 330h SE version and the IS 300h Premier?

5. What are the emissions of IS 300h Executive edition?

6. What is the top speed of the IS 300h?

7. What is the BIK rate for an F-Sport on the 300h?

8. The IS 250 can go from 0-62 in how many seconds?

9. What is the difference in boot space between the IS 250 and the IS 300h?

10. What speeds can the electric motor on the 300h get up to without assistance from the petrol engine?

I am on work time, so I'll leave you with those 10 for now before I get in trouble.

How about:

Compared to an average house with one wife, three dogs, two cats, five kids and an average leather 3 piece suite, how much more comfortable is the interior of a 15 year old LS400?

Average house! one wife! you really must try harder. :rolleyes:

How about:

Compared to an average house with one wife, three dogs, two cats, five kids and an average leather 3 piece suite, how much more comfortable is the interior of a 15 year old LS400?

Average house! one wife! you really must try harder. :rolleyes:

:) Oops. Should have out 'sized' in that sentence somewhere!

• 2 weeks later...

ROFLMAO hahaha.......As you have had the car 15 years what do you use to clean and preserve the leather upholstery.

I dont know the answer to this question but how many times would you expect to sit on the seat of an IS250 before the leather wears out assuming a person of average weight say 85kg.

Do they test the seats like IKEA do?

I think i better have an extra malt tonight , happy new year to you guys.

Another question ... would be interesting to know how many people own these cars (IS / GS etc) in the UK which should be a figure Lexus could work out just so we could see the extent of the ownership in the Uk?

Another question ... would be interesting to know how many people own these cars (IS / GS etc) in the UK which should be a figure Lexus could work out just so we could see the extent of the ownership in the Uk?

That information is available already.

Registered cars:

https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk

Lexus sales figures:

http://media.toyota.co.uk/category/corporate/sales-figures/lexus-sales-figures/