Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

I finally managed to find a replacement for my '06 GS450h - http://www.martinatkinsoncars.co.uk/used/lexus/ls/600h-l-50-4dr-cvt-auto-rear-relaxation-pack/scunthorpe/lincolnshire/16153480

As I live in the West of Ireland, I haven't been able to inspect it but it looks good and the HPI checks out OK. I'm taking the ferry from Dublin to Holyhead on Wednesday, so if anyone can think of specific issues to look out for, I'd be most grateful.The VRT (import duty) at this end will cost about £5,800 but it's still a good deal as this model is extremely rare over here. The only items that I know are missing are the card key and the second set of cordless headphones. Anyone know what sort of cost is involved in replacing these?

One accessory I would like to add is the Vaistech iVic, has anyone tried fitting one to an LS600, and how does it work with the rear seat entertainment package? Should I go for the Iphone or Android version?

I'll update this post once I collect the car.

I have the vaistech ivic (iPhone) fitted in my 600... piece of cake to fit ...

Ps the rear cordless headphones go thru battery's quickly , I got brand new ones from Lexus Sheffield when I bought my car last year and one of them has already failed... So bought a corded one as a replacement.... (Personally don't like the size of original ones)

Thanks for the information, those batteries are pretty small so I'm not surpried they don't last! I collected the car on Wednesday, and I am really delighted with it. Everything was exactly as described, but it also came with an iPod interface, along with a tracker and trafficmaster.

Hopefully the iPod interface won't interfere with the iVic installation. Where did you mount the iVic module?

One problem that arose on the drive home was an intermittent beeping noise, that seemed to start and stop at random. There was no alert displayed, so I'm at a loss to explain it.

I've booked it into my local Lexus dealer for a checkup next week.

More later...

One problem that arose on the drive home was an intermittent beeping noise, that seemed to start and stop at random. There was no alert displayed, so I'm at a loss to explain it.

Sure the beep isn't a parking sensor. Sometimes they do get a bit sensitive and beep at you for what seems no apparent reason. On occasion mine has beeped at me and I've yet to understand why. That said, it's a rare occurrence so I attend to ignore it, but as you say it's better to know what it is otherwise it can take the focus of your enjoyment.

Carl

Sure the beep isn't a parking sensor. Sometimes they do get a bit sensitive and beep at you for what seems no apparent reason. On occasion mine has beeped at me and I've yet to understand why. That said, it's a rare occurrence so I attend to ignore it, but as you say it's better to know what it is otherwise it can take the focus of your enjoyment.

Carl

That looks a lovely place to sit and enjoy. Mike.

No, I had that problem on my old GS450H if one of the parking sensors got dirt on it, the beeping was similar but you would get a warning on the display also. From reading through the owners manual, I'm wondering if it was the driver monitoring system? I was driving west into a very strong setting sun, which the manual mentions might confuse it. However, apart from the beeping, there was no other indication as to what was causing it.

In my 2007 460 the parking sensors don't sound above a certain speed. However, the car does like a bit of a beep.

Beep beep means that you're using the LKA, and it's lost the edges of the road, so it's stopped helping to steer. On the display, the sides of the road go hollow. This happens at road junctions, or just where the white-lining is poor, or when the road surface is obscured. When it starts helping again you can often feel the gentlest of tugs on the steering wheel. About 5 or 6 beeps means it thinks you've crossed a carriageway line, accompanied by nudging on the steering wheel.

The cruise control beeps when it needs help. 4 beeps and orange on the display means it's lost the car in front - it knows it's still there but doesn't understand what's going on, such as at a roundabout. (This doesn't happen when a car is faster than you and just disappears that way) The car starts to slow down, as well - no throttle, and I think it uses a bit of engine braking as well. There is also a yellow flash with some more urgent beeping if it thinks it needs some help with braking - it's only allowed to do about 30% braking, and if the car in front is decelerating more rapidly it lets you know. Be careful, because as soon as you touch the brake pedal it gives control back to you - you need to do the braking.

It does have some other instances of normal beeping, such as if you're not looking where you're going, when it might choose to give the brakes a nudge (this hasn't happened to me in seven years), or when you don't make any steering movements at all yourself (ie take your hands off the wheel, which I don't do!)

It also has a couple of more intense responses, if it thinks there's a chance of collision, but it's not just beeping it does then!

Once you know what the car is communicating to you the beeps are a bit more intrusive than they need to be, but I'd not be without them now.

Enjoy!

The car doesn't have LKA, or at least there is no switch for it on the steering wheel. As it only happened on the drive to Holyhead last Wednesday and not since, I'm just going to ignore it unless it happens again!

Thanks for all the help.

I get a beep same part of road just beeps maybe 3 times no visual warning signs on dash but as I said it on the same bit of road next to a pole that has a solar panel charging something I'm thinking its picking up a signal and cars responding to it by beeping (weird I know)

Doesn't happen every time I pass solar panel pole (maybe 3/4x a month) never happened anywhere else tho

Wow, that could explain it! I have done several hundred miles since I collected the car and this problem has not recurred, and like you say I was getting three beeps but no warning display.

Thanks Graham!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links