Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Old People Should Be Banned !

I was letting a big old volvo out of Asda today and he just drove straight through the corner of my car. The body work has a slight scratch through to the metal but does not seem to be out of shape. The bumper however is now hanging loose between the wheel arch and beneath the headlight.

The old boy has given me his number and has said he will sort me out, but I fear the cost will be more than he is bargining for !!.

My questions are as follows, can I get a qoute from lexus first and see if he will pay without the insurance companys getting involved or do we need to inform them that we have had an accident but might be settling without there help. ( I have said I will give him a call after Xmas )

Also any rough idea as to if I will need a new bumper or can they be fixed and rough costs.

Cheers for any help you can give me.

Ross

If you've got his reg number then just claim through your insurance. They'll chase him down. I've had this where someone thought it would only be a few quid for a 10p sized dent in my door. It cost £600 at a main dealer. In my opinion it's always best just to tell your insurance and let them sort it out...

I was letting a big old volvo out of Asda today and he just drove straight through the corner of my car. The body work has a slight scratch through to the metal but does not seem to be out of shape. The bumper however is now hanging loose between the wheel arch and beneath the headlight.

The old boy has given me his number and has said he will sort me out, but I fear the cost will be more than he is bargining for !!.

My questions are as follows, can I get a qoute from lexus first and see if he will pay without the insurance companys getting involved or do we need to inform them that we have had an accident but might be settling without there help. ( I have said I will give him a call after Xmas )

Also any rough idea as to if I will need a new bumper or can they be fixed and rough costs.

Cheers for any help you can give me.

Ross

ive got a bumper you can have if you want ,60 quid :)

Superstore car parks are a nightmare! Not a good time of year for them or for having some idiot hit your car....

Through experiences (bad) of friends and family, report it to your insurance company and at least they will have a record of it. If the old coffin dodger decides he cant afford it, at least you have pre-warned them and they will fight your corner. Do you have legal protection with your insurance?

Fingers crossed he will cough up, but you need to cover your **** as you don't want to fork out for it!

Good luck anyway mate.

Nick B)

just go straight to ur insurance company, your car is so new. like others have said he might not realise how much it will cost, if he is an honest man he will have insurance. and then its all taken care of, old people like to act innocent but are a major statistic in the cause of road accidents. protect yourself.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links