Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Owner Saying Hello

Hello!

After 3 years wafting about in a GS450h, I craved a car with a bit more noise and passion but with equal (perfect!) reliability. A tough ask. I'd looked at the usual, perusing M3s, C63s and even begun to seriously look at the new Mustang, but none really set my pulse racing...

Then I remembered the ISF! A quick check revealed I could afford one, and Autotrader told me there was one only 25 miles away. I went to see it one afternoon, used a lot of fuel and made a tremendous amount of noise on the test drive, and put down a deposit straight away. 2 weeks on, I couldn't be happier!

The previous owner (Mr Dunkie if my internet research is correct!) had really looked after the car, and a H&S exhaust and Takeda intake were installed already.

So far, absolutely loving the dual-nature of it, it's so easy to burble about, yet transform instantly to a road-going NASCAR. What a machine!

post-53684-0-83726000-1436427953_thumb.j

• Like 3

Welcome to the club...I would say you are going to have a lot of fun but it seems you already are.

And a fellow owner in Hampshire...where are you based? Would be good to see another on my travels.

Actually from what i read, this only applies to cars registered after 2017. All other cars remain on the current system but will go into the new 3 bands.

so a 2012 ISF (just an example) will cost how much to tax in 2017? sorry I am confused, the new rates (cars registered in 2017) don't say how much older cars will be taxed at.

*If* the ISF was still being sold, the first year would be £2000.

Then the tax would be £140 a year with an additional £310 paid during either years 2-6 or the first five years, depending on your source.

Simples. (!)

As for our cars, I have no idea! :-)

The ISF will still be on the current system so £505 currently. Obviously this will go up but not at the 2017 values. Make sense?

If you read the budget release it clearly states on cars registered after 2017 are effected by this budget. Existing cars upto 2017 will not come under these rules

Welcome, there a fantastic machine, as for tax, if read correctly, it's only on new Eco cars n luxury cars, older cars will remain the same, there can't be new bands set for older cars. It's a way of recouping the loss of going green, I always said that zero/low emission cars would get hit "in time"

Enjoy the morning starts.. i love it... and dropping that cruising 7th gear down to 3rd and hear the V8 open its 400+ ponys at 4000rpm with a thumping roar.

DAAAAM.. WHERE ARE MY KEYS..LOL

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links