Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Don't know if I'm being way too picky in my search for an LS400, but this one seems a bit overpriced IMO. Why mention the boot seal and brakes done around 3 years ago? I'd want to know more about the last 3 years, which have been glossed over a bit.

I saw another Mk IV up for sale recently for half the price - It was a bit tatty but had a recent cambelt and loads of work done, to me it's more important that the owner has spent the money on important mechicanical work than tacky V8 badges.

Maybe I'm wrong and being too harsh, but these are expensive cars to fix if something goes wrong, and considering he's not willing to budge on price, it would have been nice to include more detail about the services and any mechnical work, MOT advisorys etc..

• Like 1

In also thought it was overpriced. I bought mine 5+ years ago for £2400 with 80K on the clock. Its the same old thing what you ask for and what you get are two completely different worlds.

You never know he might get what hes asking for as there is always someone willing to pay the price and good luck to him for that as it pushes the values of our own cars up.

I must admit the rough steering wheel is a bit of a puzzle as my wheel has done 140K and there is no wear at all and I wear a ring.

Lets hope its a stunner and that an LOC member gets it. Mike.

you need to go and have a look at a car ,read the paperwork etc not make assumptions on a descriptions,these cars are now 15/20 years old,its not like buying a newish car from a dealer,as they get older,the less likely they will go to lexus for a service,and a lot of members on here do lots of things thereselves,the last service i had at lexus,basically oil and filters,came to £366,on a car worth anywhere between £1000 and 2000,not really economically viable,so people look for better deals

the car looks good,cambelt change should have been done at 60,000,where you need to check paperwork bills etc ,next one due at 120,000,so a way to go yet,change all the oils filters etc for peace of mind.tatty cars are a bit difficult to bring up to standard ,all according what you want it for .it is at the higher end pricewise,but prices are all over the place

you need to go and have a look at a car ,read the paperwork etc not make assumptions on a descriptions,these cars are now 15/20 years old,its not like buying a newish car from a dealer,as they get older,the less likely they will go to lexus for a service,and a lot of members on here do lots of things thereselves,the last service i had at lexus,basically oil and filters,came to £366,on a car worth anywhere between £1000 and 2000,not really economically viable,so people look for better deals

the car looks good,cambelt change should have been done at 60,000,where you need to check paperwork bills etc ,next one due at 120,000,so a way to go yet,change all the oils filters etc for peace of mind.tatty cars are a bit difficult to bring up to standard ,all according what you want it for .it is at the higher end pricewise,but prices are all over the place

I agree you have to see it before making any assumptions. It does look very nice, and if it's as good as it looks and the history etc is good I think the price is fair. I'd pay it if I was looking for one. Great colour combo as well.

Looks a nice example and appears to have been well cared for. I think it's probably worth that money if all checks out o.k.. The servicing seems up to date and the cambelt has been replaced roughly on time, (should have been done at 62,000). I would have to test drive it thoroughly before parting with the sort of cash he wants for it though, (provided nothing was amiss of course). As to the scabby steering wheel, my mk4 has gone exactly the same way and I don't wear any rings. Mine's done 138K.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links