Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello To All

as the topic says HELLO TO ALL

today i have sold my ct and on saturday i am picking up my IS300h

can't wait to get the keys for her.

speak to you all soon

thank-you for the warm welcome

its the luxury trim with premium nav and heated & cooled leather seats

what mpg's can you expect to get from theses models??

coming back from the dealer today in stoke i achieved 63mpg in my ct

On a recent trip from work to home I achieved 63 mpg in my F Sport with the 18" wheels and less aero efficient body work. This is way above normal but the 13 miles was along a 50 mph roadwork section of the M3 and then some steady flowing traffic at 40 mph along some A roads.

At 70 mph on the motorway I average about 47 mpg, you should get above 50 mpg in your Luxury.

Welcome to the clan, and just a short time to wait.

Not got mine yet, but 55mpg would eclipse the 45.6mpg in my 1.4 petrol.

So anything above is fantastic.

Not envious at all that you are getting yours on Saturday :)

its not a brand new ,its 2 years old in september and covered 18,000 miles so milage wise its not too bad,

it was only last friday i had itchy feet about changing my car and by sunday (48 hrs later) i had found a car

and signed for it ,i can't wait now for the weekend.

i am just wondering what my work mates will say next monday when they see it for the first time

as they dont know i am changing from the ct, they thought i had a windfall when i bought the ct god knows

what they will say about this one.

• Like 1

I don't know whether the mpg figures quoted above are actual or displayed. There is always a difference and sometimes quite a big one. If you assume it is optimistic by about 3 mpg then I doubt if you would be very far out. If you are getting 50 mpg from a brim-full tank then the range counter should hit zero at about 650 miles. At that point you would probably refill the tank to the brim with about 60 litres, in which case you had just over one gallon left in the tank after all (or enough for at least another 40 miles) but the consequences of running dry are more serious than for a simple petrol or diesel car, or so I am told, so best not to risk it. If you have to fill up at 600 miles then you are getting closer to 46 mpg, but I bet the display says 50. You will not get that in cold weather running winter tyres.

Here are some figures I measured for previous runs:

Three night time trips on original 17" summer tyres over the same 173 mile route - a mix of town, motorway, dual carriageway and single carriageway A roads, the last of these including lots of Welsh hills and bends: the ave speeds are as calculated by the car. The roads were largely clear but with some lengthy speed restrictions and cameras on the M6 and M54. I used to think the 'ave speed' display always read too low, but it exactly matched the time/distance elapsed, so is clearly accurate over distance, unlike the speedometer, which always (and perhaps deliberately) provides readings that are a few mph too high. '70' is nearer to 66, and so on. The IS300h can be a very economical car when driven gently (I have had readings of 64 mpg (60 actual?) over long journeys when driving a passenger with spinal injuries), and isn't too bad even when you 'press on' with no regard for economy, as I did in run no. 1.

1. Ave speed 60 mph; display = 45.0 mpg (= a real 42.0 approx.) - getting an ave of 60 over mixed roads required a speedo reading of 80+ for most of the dual carriageway/motorway sections and hard acceleration elsewhere

2. Ave speed 53 mph; display = 49.5 mpg (= a real 46.5 approx.)

3. Ave speed 50 mph; display = 57.2 mpg (= a real 54.0 approx.)

the speedometer, which always (and perhaps deliberately) provides readings that are a few mph too high.

In the UK yes this is deliberate. If it were to read 70 mph at a true 70 mph then it would be considered out of calibration and in need of repair.

Sounds like identical age and spec to mine (though I've only heated seats; didn't know you could get ventilated on Lux trim).

Enjoy!

i believe it was an option the previous owners asked for when they bought it new.

september 9th is when its 2 years old ,it has covered 18500 miles,serviced by lexus

i have paid £21000 for the car ,i have looked around and felt this wasn't too bad a price to pay

in the forums opinion have i done alright or not.

speak to you all soon

looks like i will have to wait a little longer for my car

i have had to have the doctor come out to me at home

due to muscles in my back going into spasm and being very painful,

i need a stick to help me get around and getting out of bed took me 10 minutes.

i have now been prescribed some medication

codine,diazapan & naproxen and the doctor has warned me that

the drugs could appear on a road side test and i shouldn't drive

so i will have to re arrange the collection of my car for another day.

So very sorry to hear that you're not well Mark. Here's to a very speedy recovery. Good luck.

Go on to Autotrader and have a scan through all of the piccy's to keep your spirits up, and remind yourself of what you have got to look forward to.

Every good wish.

speak to you all soon

I'm trying to convince my wife to go for a Ct200h instead of a 1 series, be interested to know how you find the switch as my wife likes the IS...

Hope your back gets better soon.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links