Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tips And Tricks

Hi All,

Have been actively reading the forums and read some great advice. Been a BMW driver for a number of years and have taken the plunge and ordered a new IS300h F-Sport (standard spec/no upgrades).

Maybe a little surprising but I've ordered it without even test driving one! (it's my company car for the next few years, regardless I know I should have test driven it)

Thought I'd join the forum, say "hi" and ask if any of the experienced drivers of the IS300h had any brief tips/tricks/advice on -

- obtaining good mpg

- in car entertainment/basic nav use

- hybrid driving tips (am coming from a diesel)

- any other tips!

Much appreciated and thanking you all in advance!

First up I'd echo what's been said about the stereo, first thing I would do is alter the audio settings balance to the rear gives a more natural sound.

I've only done 400 miles since I've picked mine up and I'd say there is definitely a "way" to driving that I'm adjusting to, which I'm sure someone can explain more accurately than I could at the moment.

Enjoy it!

Hi, Kam, welcome to the club, literally - I've done exactly the same as you, but coming from a Mercedes diesel to a hybrid lexus. And I chose it for my next company car, like you, without a test drive, but I have been to a few dealers and had a good look round.

Due to take delivery in the first week of August - the Merc goes on 7th, so I hope there's no delay!

Thanks for starting this thread, I'll follow it with interest

Malcolm

its all about momentum,if you dont have to stop dont ,

i.e. getting to a junction / traffic lights quickly then having to stop try getting there less quickly by easing off the gas and use re generative braking to slow you down and hopefully you wont have to stop and still have some momentum for you to carry on.

dont labour getting to your speed,try getting there in a brisk manner (not boy racerish) as the sooner you get to your desired speed the sooner you can ease off the gas and hold the cars speed using EV (up to 45mph ish)

round town i use cruise control to maintain my speed and keep in EV mode,another tip is, if your driving on petrol try taking your foot off the gas and put it straight back on gently just to hold your speed and i find this puts you back into ev mode.

you will find your own way to suite your driving style

Hi All,

Have been actively reading the forums and read some great advice. Been a BMW driver for a number of years and have taken the plunge and ordered a new IS300h F-Sport (standard spec/no upgrades).

Maybe a little surprising but I've ordered it without even test driving one! (it's my company car for the next few years, regardless I know I should have test driven it)

Thought I'd join the forum, say "hi" and ask if any of the experienced drivers of the IS300h had any brief tips/tricks/advice on -

- obtaining good mpg

- in car entertainment/basic nav use

- hybrid driving tips (am coming from a diesel)

- any other tips!

Much appreciated and thanking you all in advance!

HI Kam

i would go to a dealer and say your have been offered a IS300h as a company car and you would like to have a test drive in one before ordering one ,they dont have to know one has already been ordered.

• Like 1

I ordered an IS300h before they were even out and never regretted it!

You get used to the driving style. Personally, the biggest change for me (coming from a Volvo diesel) was what happens when you press the brake pedal. The car doesn't actually brake until below 5mph, but rather decelerates by reversing the flow. It's slightly odd at first but you begin, quite naturally, to slow down well in advance of stopping (which maximises the benefits of the hybrid).

Oh, and watch out for people in car parks and residential neighbourhoods who don't hear you wafting by :)

Enjoy!

• Like 1

You get used to the driving style. Personally, the biggest change for me (coming from a Volvo diesel) was what happens when you press the brake pedal. The car doesn't actually brake until below 5mph, but rather decelerates by reversing the flow. It's slightly odd at first but you begin, quite naturally, to slow down well in advance of stopping (which maximises the benefits of the hybrid).

Oh, and watch out for people in car parks and residential neighbourhoods who don't hear you wafting by :)

Enjoy!

car park peek a boo is great ,its a game i love playing ,i like to see how many people i can surprise

Enjoy!

The Battery re-gen and silent EV mode at low speeds is what I loved the most about our IS300H, so much so I ended selling my petrol BMW and getting a full Battery Nissan Leaf instead :)

You should try the brake re-gen on a full Battery EV, it's a on a whole different level, I can nearly drive my Leaf using just the accelerator pedal, and these days when I hear other cars pulling away from the lights with all kind of weird nosies coming out of the bonnet I cannot but wonder what's wrong with their cars.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links