Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Owner - Tyre Recomendations?

mike325112

First post here, hi everyone!

I've recently bought a CT200h 2011 in what i believe is Ultra Blue. Really pleased with the car but unfortunately I've had a puncture on my third day with it. Its not fixable as its too close to the rim and its quite worn anyway.

Just wondering if there was a concensus on what tyres to use?

The car has 215/45/17's wheels on and its got a mix of Bridgestones and Avons on at present. I'm going to replace to a matching set over the next 6 months so I'd like to get the best tyres for the job.

I've seen Dunlop Sport maxx RT's recomended elsewhere, any thoughts?

Appologies for the ramble and thanks in advance!

Mike

Hi and welcome to the LOC, we are a friendly bunch and some of us even know how to pull them to bits and put them back together again, with of course the one bolt and washer left over. I am sure someone will be along to help you with you're tyre query. Regards Mike.

I think that your choice of tyre depends upon what you most want the tyre to do.We all want a tyre which costs little, never wears, gives perfect grip in all conditions negating the need for traction control, doesn't ever puncture, is completely quiet, looks good and lasts forever. We are all disappointed in one way or another, however, we all have preferences.

I wanted a comfortable tyre which wouldn't break the bank to buy and would have a usefully low rolling resistance whilst retaining good wet weather grip. I wasnt bothered about tyre appearance, stuck to the road handling,or quietness. I firstly opted for 16" wheels to improve ride quality and a cheaper selection of replacement tyres, I then eventually replaced the original bridgestones with a set of goodyear efficient grip which are slightly more economical than the OE bridgestones, perform better than the OE bridgestones in wet and cold weather but wear out slightly quicker than the OE bridgestones.

The Dunlops are good tyres albeit expensive at £71 a corner without fitting

These are pretty good:

http://www.tyreleader.co.uk/car-tyres/hankook/ventus-prime-2-k115/215-45-r17-87h-93172

Bear in mind that the Dunlops are superior tyres and are very quiet with great grip in the wet and decent fuel economy ratings. If you are willing to spend the extra money then you can't really beat them

I've got Dunlops on my C class Estate and i really rate them, will probably go for them when the time comes. I'm on Yokohamas at the moment, they're rated at 67db and one nice feature is the tyre has a protruding edge to protect the rims from, inevitable, damage. Having written that I might just plump for the same? There, I'm easily swayed!

Do your research. Tyres are now rated for different attributes so need to look at what you want and factor in what you want to pay

I recently bought good year efficient grip as they have a good rating and around £50 fitted.

Do your research. Tyres are now rated for different attributes so need to look at what you want and factor in what you want to pay

I recently bought good year efficient grip as they have a good rating and around £50 fitted.Where was that from

Where was that from? Looks a great deal.

I recently bought good year efficient grip as they have a good rating and around £50 fitted.Where was that from

Where was that from? Looks a great deal.

I actually got them from my local Lexus dealer. Asked them to beat internet price and they did quite easily

First post here, hi everyone!

I've recently bought a CT200h 2011 in what i believe is Ultra Blue. Really pleased with the car but unfortunately I've had a puncture on my third day with it. Its not fixable as its too close to the rim and its quite worn anyway.

Just wondering if there was a concensus on what tyres to use?

The car has 215/45/17's wheels on and its got a mix of Bridgestones and Avons on at present. I'm going to replace to a matching set over the next 6 months so I'd like to get the best tyres for the job.

I've seen Dunlop Sport maxx RT's recomended elsewhere, any thoughts?

Appologies for the ramble and thanks in advance!

Mike

hello and welcome to the forum

i have used the sportmaxx rt's and they are soo quiet wet braking is A, fuel efficiency is C and tyre noise is 67dB if you look around you can get them for £92 ish each try black circles

i dont feel you will be dissapointed with them.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links