Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200t Available To Order, Plus Another Is Trim Level

IS200t is available to order now for November delivery, in F-Sport, Premier and the new Sport trim.

IS200t confirmed at 241bhp, 7s 0-60 and 143mph top speed.

New Sport trim is a Luxury spec car, with Premier wheels painted gloss black, a Gloss black normal grill, F-Sport seats but parts of the seats are in Grey tahara trim (i.e vinyl), other bits in Black, plus std Nav and the normal Lux model features - heated seats, auto lights, wipers, etc etc.

They are also adding Fuji Red (solid) and Sonic White, plus F-Sport only Azure Blue. No mention of dropping colours.

Pricing "The on-the-road prices for the new IS 200t are £28,995 for the Sport, £31,495 for the F Sport and £35,750 for the Premier. The new IS 300h Sport costs £29,995 on the road. "

More here - http://media.toyota.co.uk/2015/09/lexus-introduces-new-is-200t-and-adds-new-sport-grade-to-ct-and-is-line-up/

Good stuff but that 0-60 time is seriously conservative. Id be expecting 6.2-6.5s in all honesty, especially since its lighter, has a quicker transmission etc than the NX

Essentially they are dropping Arctic Pearl for the Sonic White and Azure Blue will replace Ultra Blue - In other markets Azure Blue is known as Ultrasonic Blue 2.0 and is available on the RC-F already. Other colours will remain but Fuji red is a new no cost option like on the CT.

£31495 for the F-Sport 200t is a good price. This raises the question of why the NX200t is more expensive than the NX300h though.

Am I missing something here? - 1 second less on the 0-60 dash (not that this is a good 'yardstick' for measuring performance) not that much additional HP, I'm guessing higher emissions and therefore RFL - so why would this sell?

Am I missing something here? - 1 second less on the 0-60 dash (not that this is a good 'yardstick' for measuring performance) not that much additional HP, I'm guessing higher emissions and therefore RFL - so why would this sell?

Its actually 1s slower than 0-62mph! :P However, the car has some serious grunt - 350nm of it in fact! Thats about the same as the IS350 so it'll definitely be a hoot to drive.

HP doesn't really matter as its what "holds" speed. In the real world, torque is what you want to be looking at. TBF the 0-62mph time is conservative like I mentioned. How can the NX get to 62mph with more weight and a slower transmission (Autoexpress got the NX to be 6.8s! btw). Id bet a badger itd hit 62mph in 6.5s!

Its actually 1s slower than 0-62mph! :P However, the car has some serious grunt - 350nm of it in fact! Thats about the same as the IS350 so it'll definitely be a hoot to drive.

HP doesn't really matter as its what "holds" speed. In the real world, torque is what you want to be looking at. TBF the 0-62mph time is conservative like I mentioned. How can the NX get to 62mph with more weight and a slower transmission (Autoexpress got the NX to be 6.8s! btw). Id bet a badger itd hit 62mph in 6.5s!

Great believer in torque myself - BHP is only a component of torque after all.

It'll sell as well as the V6 it replaced.