Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Upgrading Headlight Bulbs

Joey-is250

I've just fitted 6000k to my 250, miles better looking. A much crisper white look than oem. I've fitted a 6000k HID kit to my fogs and 6000k LED side lights for the full deal front end.

I've also fitted 6000k white LEDs to mirror lights and interior lights(make sure what you order is white as I've had to do this twice thanks to the first lot being too blue for my liking)

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

can you put HID kits into the IS250? many dont have HID lights, even the newer SEL models dont have HID bulbs. Only new F Sport models have them?

Mine is a 08 SEL and the HIDs are excellent, I have these ones

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Osram-66440CBI-HCB-Xenarc-Intense-Headlight/dp/B00OGS4K30/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1442179173&sr=1-1&keywords=OSRAM+XENARC+COOL+BLUE+INTENSE+d4s

Mine came with HID head lights as standard, I've just changed the d4s bulbs for 6000k.

The fog lights I bought a HID kit with wiring loom, ballast and bulbs and retro fitted. Looks miles better imo and lights the road up much better than standard halogen :D

Hi marko, which 6000k bulb u use for ur headlight, I've used some cheap one from eBay before, nearly burn the all housing in the back, I've change to the stock Philip bulb now.

Cheap ones off eBay :embarrassed: They were only about £20 a pair so just went for it, what do I need to check to ensure this isn't happening to mine Wen?

Cheers

Mark

• 4 weeks later...

I upgraded my standard HID D4S bulbs to Morimoto's 5500k and although I am usually impressed by Morimoto's stuff, I am still not getting the brightness I want on the road.

Can anyone recommend any other HID upgraded bulbs?

Looking for a bright premium bulb with 'Mercedes' colour

Pics of output on the road appreciated.

Thanks
Bill

That's what I was thinking.....I have seen pairs come up for £75 before.

Hard to see from your pic as it is head on view, but do they have that blue tint that mercedes do when driving past along the road?

• 4 weeks later...

Digging up an old post but is the OEM HID not good enough??

I've messed about with HID aftermarket kits alot in my previous cars hence why i bought a car that has them as standard. I get the blue tint when i drive pass or is the aftermarket bulbs bright? My HID are white with no yellow hue.

Personally, no, OEM HIDs are not good enough.

When I bought the car I found the output halogen colour and nowhere near as bright as the HID kit I had in my IS200.

I have upgraded to 5500k Morimoto bulbs which are slightly brighter and whiter but still not dazzling.

I am going to try the Osrams for xmas.

Perhaps you already have upgraded bulbs before you got the car?

I think mine are OEMs but my one is a 2010 F sport.

I know some aftermarket kits are brighter with a wider spread but this can cause dazzling to the opposite road users.

Be interesting to see the changes.

• 2 months later...