Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Tyres Imminent!

Hi all,

I'm starting to need replacement tyres as I've clearly been enjoying the F far too much during its first few months with me! Thought I'd get them done before the winter weather sets in.

I've got the standard wheels on mine, so fitment is 225/40R19 at the front and 255/35R19 at the rear. Tyres are currently Bridgestone Potenza RE050.

I'm not going to track this car (got somethi else for that), so I'm after a good all-weather performance tyre. Any recommendations? The current set seem a little vague in the rain especially in standing water, but could just be low tread depth.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I've got winters for, umm, the winter. If you use the f in the rain or heaven forbid very cold weather you'd be mad not to have proper winters in my humble opinion... Got mine off a chap on here as it happens. And of course my summer tyres last much longer as I'm only using them 8 months or so of the year

Based on past experience I would go for the Sport 3s, however I'm curious about the latest Continentals, I was in an AMG C63 recently that seemed to hang to the road pretty well on them. Has anyone tried contis recently?

I have factory recommended on mine, only because they put new ones on for me.

But on my AMG I had UniRoyals.. Top rated in wet conditions.. I felt the car grip very well in wet during last winter.. I'm quiet fussy on road noise.. These were more quieter them the michelin I had on before.. Personally I'd only go for UniRoyals.

Edit* I had contact sport 2 on before.

• 2 weeks later...

Reckon that I am about due a set of tyres too and have been looking around. I don't have any complaist about the Potenzas that are on at the moment so the choices would seem to be Potenza or PS2 from looking at whet people say here. However, I've been very happy with Toyo T1Rs in the past so went to look for those too but could not find them in the right sizes.

Starngly the Kumho Ecsta Le Sport KU 39 and they seem to be getting excellant reviews. Does anyone have any experience of them?

Had Continental sport 5's on for a while and they were great and get very good reviews. i have gone turbo so bigger wheels and Michelin pilot super sports now, but the Conti's were very good and not expensive and wore very well. like everytihng it depends what you want. For grip super sports but they wont last as long as some others so its usually a compromise for most. we al have our favourites.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links