Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Stolen Mitsubishi Eclipse

Zee007

----- Original Message -----

To: 200plus members

Sent: Sunday, January 04, 2004 3:32 PM

Subject: [200plus] Stolen Mitsubishi Eclipe

Would people please be on the lookout for my mate's Mitsubishi Eclipse GST Turbo which was stolen by a prospective buyer in North Lincolnshire yesterday (photos below). The thief is believed to a bloke called Danny Hatton, formerly from Nottingham, then Scunthorpe, and now Grimsby. It is believed he may take the car to a cruise in Nottingham or Scotland either last night or in the near future. He will probably leave the car at another prospective sellers house when he gets bored with it, and steal their car as this appears to be how he works. He is about 6'3", thin, wavy blonde hair, and one eye that is white (like Marilyn Manson's).

If anyone sees the car please contact the police. All forces in the UK have been informed of the theft and the description of the car because it is so unique. The car may have the stickers removed, the original spoiler fitted, and the original wheels re-fitted as all these were in the car ready for being sold when it was taken. The number plate may be changed for a stolen set from another car, but the original plates read N9 NOS.

THERE IS A £500 REWARD FOR THE RECOVERY OF THE CAR.

Pics can be found here

I am going to a car club meeting tonight in Newbury Berkshire, I know it's not in the area you have suggested but I will take the details and pass them on to the club members, who knows it may turn up down south.

I clicked on the link for the pictures and noticed a different number plate than what you said was this the original plate?

I am going to a car club meeting tonight in Newbury Berkshire, I know it's not in the area you have suggested but I will take the details and pass them on to the club members, who knows it may turn up down south.

I clicked on the link for the pictures and noticed a different number plate than what you said was this the original plate?

Thanks for your help!

The plate in the pictures are the originals.... it may have these or the private plate (N9 NOS)....

I've got a mate who lives near notts. he owns a garage, I've emailed him the pic's and asked him to keep an eye out.

if its still outstanding stolen in the next fews days i'll check in with our traffic department (North East Area) newcastle,sunderland ect. asked them to be on the look out. I'll tell them to go easy on him if they lock him up (NOT :tsktsk: LIKELY)

Cheers Dodgy

we are all (becoming) on the straight and narrow. :P :P :P

**** FOR SALE *****

Club Number Plates that hide your registration when taking photos

I have about 10 sets available... £10 a set delivered.

B30_3225.sized.jpg

Also helps if you slip up when mentioning that you were doing 105 down the back roads! :whistling::whistling::whistling: :winky: :winky:

we are all (becoming) on the straight and narrow.  :P  :P  :P

**** FOR SALE *****

Club Number Plates that hide your registration when taking photos

I have about 10 sets available... £10 a set delivered.

Also helps if you slip up when mentioning that you were doing 105 down the back roads!  :whistling:  :whistling:  :whistling:  :winky:  :winky:

its nice to hear that,

stick me down for one of them number plates, there's only so many times I can use my get out of jail free card :D

oops only joking, I would never condone such practice

Just to update you on this the guy has been caught and turned over to the police by some cruisers who spotted him and penned him in , in carlisle, Shane is now awiating the return of his car its nice to know that fellow cruisers have brought this scumbag down when the police couldnt

Russ

Glad to here it,but i dont know if i wouldve been so quick to pin this guy in with my car knowing how he obviously has no respect for other peoples property not to mention no inscurance :blink:

Full story:

I got a call from shane at about 10:15PM to tell me the Dunfreis cruisers were in Carlisle after it had been spotted. They were following him from a distance at about 30MPH whilst giving the police a running commentry over the mobile phone of his position, direction and speed. They told him the police had sent a few cars to the area and were driving along parallel streets waiting to figure out where he was heading. When they found the correct spot - a roundabout on an industrial estate, between 5 and 7 police cars swooped in from nowhere and they boxed him in. Next thing the thieving scumbag was on the floor and cuffed.

Shane is now awaiting the return of his car to review the damage (internal and external). His thoughts at the moment are to completely go to town on the motor and the exterior as the car is pretty much famous now!!! To quote a phrase "Now me and the mad scientist here are gonna have to pull apart the block and replace the piston rings he fried"!!!!!

Shane has decided the £500 reward will be awarded to the guy from the Dumfries cruise site who reported it this morning to Shane, and then followed the guy around Carlisle tonight relaying information to the police. Top bloke, a job very well done.

That's not to say that an enormous thankyou is due to everyone who read the posts and kept their eyes out, or those who phoned/emailed/posted with information. This just goes to show what the performance and modifying scene can do when they all pull together!!! Everyone deserves a huge slap on the back for their efforts.

Thanks again Steve (& Shane)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links