Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I have put together a couple of tips which I hope will prove usefull if you have a hybrid & are off on your Holidays.

First of all & most importantly disconnect your 12 Volt accessory Battery there then can be no possibility of an excessive drain on your hybrid Battery,

Some models may not have a manual key so if yours is one of those I would suggest securing the car in a locked garage first.

When you come back from Hols reconnect your accessory Battery securely remembering to observe correct polarity.

Operate each individual electric window by it's own switch on it's own door (make sure to take them all the way down & up this resets the cluster at the drivers door.

Once you have started the car turn the steering wheel full lock to each side a couple of times this helps to re centre the steering.

As I think of other tips I will post them - happy holidays you lucky people!

• Like 1

guys i posted in the technical forum but didnt get a reply so im asking again

im on the look out for a nice 06/07 or even 08 plate 450h and want to know is there any tell tale signs of hybrid cell failure.

Can the car be run on just the petrol engine in the event of a big expensive hybrid failure i.e inverter

and finally is it better to go for a low mileage (under 100k) or one which has slightly higher mileage albiet maybe motorway runs in which case the hybrid components will have less wear and tear therfore longer life

manyy thanks for your help

• Like 1

I leave my car in the garage for two or three weeks on a regular basis, without any problems. If yours is a problem, I would suggest it's time to change your 12v Battery. The Battery in my old BMW would discharge in two weeks. I changed it and found I could leave it for a month with no problems.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links