Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Advice On This Car?

gareth1902

Hey everyone, the wife is interested in joining the Lexus revolution and as she just passed her test very recently she wants something small so we've been looking at the CT200h. I have searched for weeks to get a feel of the market etc and I have found that we are looking at around £8000 for a 2011 model.

Then suddenly this appears....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lexus-CT-200H-SE-L-PREMIER-CVT-5-DOOR-HATCHBACK-/141779516564?hash=item2102b7bc94

The car and the price just doesn't tally up at all with all the others I have seen. It seems to good to be true and the price is a good few thousand cheaper than what it should be?

Would anyone be weary or does it all appear legit??

Cheers!

I would b very careful it's too cheap for milage @ age could be ringer at that price I would estimate around 12-13k with that sort of milage and spec and colour are u planning to view car???? If you are check chassis number if been tamperd with there are lots of ringers out there best of luck

• Like 1

Apparently there is an internet con which features cars selling at cheap prices. The seller claims that the car isn't with them but is expected to return from holidays/valeting/ servicing/ loan to a relative etc. Insists on payment, arranges delivery etc. All this can easily be solved by looking at the car, verifying all of the data in the advert, HPi checking and viewing the registration docs. It is fashionable for some dealers to "misprint" things, accidentally swap the descriptions of vehicles with other (coincidentally better) descriptions of other vehicles they are allegedly selling, Notice how may of then are at pains to tell you that a car has a leather covered steering wheel and or gearknob when they know that joe public word searches for" leather" when looking for leather seats.

Look at the car for real and ask to see all of the documentation is what I would do.Dont meet on motorway services, meet at their home or business address( depending whether it is trade or private sale.

• Like 1

I got my is220d for sale on Gumtree got sms from some guy named Tony that he would pay asking price @ it's a gift for someone so he wanted to pay by PayPal without seeing car and have it shipped, all he wanted was my PayPal email he said he was a marine couldn't use mobile phones thought what a scammer has anyone heard this kind of scam before told him cash only and you have to come

Hey everyone, the wife is interested in joining the Lexus revolution and as she just passed her test very recently she wants something small so we've been looking at the CT200h. I have searched for weeks to get a feel of the market etc and I have found that we are looking at around £8000 for a 2011 model.

Then suddenly this appears....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lexus-CT-200H-SE-L-PREMIER-CVT-5-DOOR-HATCHBACK-/141779516564?hash=item2102b7bc94

The car and the price just doesn't tally up at all with all the others I have seen. It seems to good to be true and the price is a good few thousand cheaper than what it should be?

Would anyone be weary or does it all appear legit??

Cheers!

Honestly, I wouldn't be looking at the 2012 ones - rides like a rock and is essentially a Prius with nicer interior and body. Id suggest going towards the newer models or getting something like an Aygo as Im 300% sure it'll be pranged in the first month of ownership

Is there a way to report the eBay listing to eBay or the police?

I tried the report item but it did not seem very useful.

I love your sentiment but your wearing rose coloured spectacles if you think the police would do anything. Hang on a minute I have just seen a pig flyover so you could be lucky. Mike.

• Like 2

Hello everyone, I'm knew here and this is my first post but felt I had to say something on this. I'm also in the market for a ct200h. I came across the very same add on eBay. Last time I checked it was still up. Having done my research on prices, it was just as baffling to me. I emailed the contact. The response came from a man, supposedly in Sweden. His story was that he'd just left the UK for a new job. He had left the car in the hands of a vehicle transportation company who would act as an escrow, handle payment and delivery. He sent me a contract. I needed to sign it and then he would forward payment instructions. He would then deliver car and I would have three days to decide if I wanted to keep it or have my money returned. The transportation co were registered at companies house and had been trading with yearly accounts since 2009.

To cut a long story short I had several days of contact with this guy from Sweden and the transportation company which was fronted by an Eastern European man. They refused to allow me to see the vehicle prior to delivery. They refused to supply me with standard information on the car that anyone who was paying that kind of money would expect to see. In the end, I asked myself, If my children came to me and asked me for advice before buying this car, what would I tell them. It was at that point I ceased contact and reported them to eBay who frankly didn't seem to care less. Wish I'd had found this forum weeks ago. Hopefully no one had gone for this. If the have I fear it'll be money down the drain.

Glad I posted this now, even if it makes just one person aware that it is obviously a scam then that is one less person duped.

On a positive note the wife has found another CT200h and we are collecting it tomorrow. With my GS450h we are now a proud 2 car Lexus family :winky:

Is there a way to report the eBay listing to eBay or the police?

I tried the report item but it did not seem very useful.

eBay and the police dont give a damn so dont waste your time and energy. Mike.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links