Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mpg/driving Speed

jsct200h

I'm courious of the MPG you mates getting while driving CT 200H at different speeds. I know it's not going the same when driving on a hill vs valley but a average you getting would be great.

Please fill with your mpg:

MPG @ 30 MPH

MPG @ 50 MPH

MPG @ 60 MPH

MPG @ 70 MPH

MPG @ 80 MPH

Thanks!

Sold mine two weeks ago after 4.5 years of faithful service, but roughly it would be:

MPG @ 30 MPH - 60

MPG @ 50 MPH - 55

MPG @ 60 MPH - 50

MPG @ 70 MPH - 47

MPG @ 80 MPH - 45

Most economic at speeds of 30-50, long motorways journeys at 70+ is much less as you can see.

• Like 1

I'm courious of the MPG you mates getting while driving CT 200H at different speeds. I know it's not going the same when driving on a hill vs valley but a average you getting would be great.

Please fill with your mpg:

MPG @ 30 MPH

MPG @ 50 MPH

MPG @ 60 MPH

MPG @ 70 MPH

MPG @ 80 MPH

Thanks!

Would those speeds be according to the on board optimistic speedomoter or the more accurate independant garmin sat nav? I assume the MPG would be an instantaneous reading from the overly optimistic on board computer on flat ,even roads with little or no wind, thoroughly warmed through engine/transmission/cabin ( say after 20 miles) and at an ambient temperature of say er 15 deg C at this time of year

jsct200h just curious about the milage you get from a gallon ???

its strange that you have started this thread but haven't contributed to it yet .

Apologiez for that, you're right. I should contribute with mine as well:

62 MPG @ 30 MPH

56 MPG @ 50 MPH

51 MPG @ 60 MPH

49 MPG @ 70 MPH

46 MPG @ 80 MPH

These are the readings shown on the computer so probably the real MPG is slightly different. Got them with the cruize control on to mentain the same speed for about 10-15 minutes. The speed is also the one shown by the car not by independent gps.

I am surprised how low those figures are, I expected higher, my is does 55mpg @70 mph on a long motorway cruise, I'm sure when I had a ct200h as a loan car it seemed a lot better?

Maybe the newer models have better MPG.

It also varies a lot depending on type of roads and speed. I know someone who goes to Norfolk and Suffolk a lot and because the there are no hills and is mainly 'A' and 'B' roads he gets a lot more MPG than where he lives which is hilly and mainly Motorway and 'A'road driving.

i have just come back from alton towers and with 2 adults and a 2 year old (for his birthday spent 2 days in cbeebies)

and all of his bits and pieces in the car, maintaining 70mph ,if i had to overtake it would be a foot hard down

and we returned 49.5 mpg so for the size of engine its really cheap motoring.

Id be a bit disappointed with under 50 on a run at a steady 70.

I worked in Cheltenham today and its a 100 mile round trip - 90% motorway. I reset the trip computer when I left and the average was 62. About 50% of the time I had the cruise set to 70 - rest of the time it was between 60 and 80 traffic dependant

My average since I got the car in April is now sitting at just over 53

• 5 weeks later...

I have had my car for over a year and did 22000 miles. MPG I got varied depending on temp,wind,rain etc, the following is the mpg range I got driving at the speed constantly with no stops for min 6 miles

MPG @ 30 MPH - 90+

MPG @ 50 MPH - 80-90

MPG @ 60 MPH - 70-80

MPG @ 70 MPH - 55-65

MPG @ 80 MPH - 50-55

These are the mpg figures for driving in ECO with AC off but fans on. Recently I had to drive through London for 9 miles during the rush hour and the car averaged 58mpg, it took me 1 hour and 15 mins to do 9 miles so the average speed was less than 9mph. I think it is amazing mpg with temp just 12'C. When I did a similar trip in london in my BMW 2ltr diesel I got 22mpg.

Hi all, let's assume I might travel at 80 mph, and I achieve around the 42mpg mark. Air con off and in normal driving mode.

I have found that selecting Eco at high speed seems to have no effect on my mpg.

I'm very surprised at the high mpg you are all managing to achieve.

What are your thoughts?

I travel 230 miles from Lincoln to Gosport & back on a weekly basis.

Eco would have very little affect on mpg at high speed. It cuts the petrol engine out quicker than normal mode but that can't happen at high speed. It will also dull the throttle response to avoid unnecessary acceleration, again this has very little impact at high speed.

There are many ways to drive at 80 mph. If you drive within a range, say 70-85, when you slow down going up hills and speed up going down then you are much more fuel efficient. Also when you are slowed down do you gently accelerate or put your foot flat to the floor to get back up to speed again? On a run like that you should be seeing 50+ mpg.

If you want to tear up and down the motorway economically you are better off in a diesel. Preferably a white one with red stripes on the side and a blue light on the top.

Hybrids are best around town and in traffic jams.

Sent from my Iphone using Lexus OC

I spoke to my Lexus dealer when buying my car about its economy and was told that the mpg advertised isn't possible unless travelling at a low (around town) speed.

To be fair most journeys leaving Gosport are at town speed, Friday afternoon traffic so I achieve a reasonable mpg.

I was just surprised with the mpg achieved at 80 mph, something to aim for I guess

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links