Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Checked up on my GS. Failed once on sticking rear brake caliper (no surprise there!) But the time previously here is the reason for failure:

• Reason(s) for failure

Nearside Front Tyre has a cut in excess of the requirements deep enough to reach the ply or cords (4.1.D.1a)

• Advisory notice item(s)

Nearside Rear Tyre worn close to the legal limit (4.1.E.1)
    Offside Rear Tyre worn close to the legal limit (4.1.E.1)
    offside front tyre worn on inner and outer edges
    Passed the next day with no advisories so I guess it was treated to a full set of new tyres!
    now that is a very useful tool........

Yep almost all of the GS's I've checked have had the sticky calliper issue but its not new to me, IS suffers with it too.

Can't believe yours had dodge tyres as well! How many people are driving round on knackered tyres! Its something I check reasonably regularly. Shocking!

No tyres nothing to do with me, only bought car a few months ago. Calipers im used to skoda ones are absolute rubbish. { Rears }

First thing i did when i bought the car was 4 new wheels and tyres, original 10 spoke.

Cleaned and painted the old ones in anthrasite, fitted with michelin winters. New front discs and pads rear pads discs were fine.

Calipers regreased and fully cleaned up. Slides and boots re packed with rubber grease.

Car also had a screen early in its life, its only on 51000 odd at moment. I purchased the intake gaskets from Usa for when i do the plugs.

I think you have to be prepared for things. I paid 21.00 to my home long wait though.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links