Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Door Mod?

is it possible to replace the drivers door handle so that the lock is not visible and like all the others? can you get caps to cover your lock and fit flush with the rest of the handle or can you put another handle and just cover the lock? or is it a bit more complicated than that?

i think this would look quite nice B)

As far as i know all you have to do is take a cap of the o/s rear door,this

was my next on my list of to-dos...not sure if you can get just the lock cover

though as i haven't looked into it properly.

If you do it b4 me let us know.

i doubt i will, im juggling a shed load at the moment!

wheres mr shipley? any part no.s that you know of chris?

Be aware that if you make the lock inaccessible and your remote fails (with the car dead-locked) then you won't be able to get in.

Some kind of removable cover would be good, but I don't know if there is such a thing.

Are you saying that wherever theres a phone mast and you activate the key fob it wont work.......that isn't true is it?

Depends how close you are - any high power emission (rf, microwave, whatever) can "drown out" the puny little signal from the fob.

Mobile phone masts are the worst culprits because there's a lot of them and in residential areas.

A friend I visit sometimes lives near "something" that nearly always stops the remote working.

i've not had any probs so i'll just go for it once ive sussed it out, interesting point to make though, i had no idea that could happen.

pete, i dont have any kids, shall i get one to keep as a spare just in case i get locked out?

Are you saying that wherever theres a phone mast and you activate the key fob it wont work.......that isn't true is it?

There is a mobile phone mast 100ft from my house. It's a rural one with two levels of transmitters and microwave repeater dishes.

Never had a problem with any car.

One thing that can cause problems with aftermarket alarms is the senors that operate automatic doors - as they share the same frequency as the remotes.

I've never had any bother with a OEM alarm fob in the same circumstances.

I'm pretty sure the back door cover fits the front door but you have to remove the handle from inside the door.

I was also looking into doing this mod, but as was said above, if the remote fails for what ever reason then you can't get in.

Covering the lock only looks good, it wont stop thieves.

about the key fob problems, yes it is possible, near the Eiffel tower, mine doesn't work for example.

The best way for the handle cover is get a LHD one that doesn't have the lock :) it should be around £5

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links