Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Mk3 Ls400 Front Lip And Radio Removal

Things are coming along nicely, I've finally bagged a set of MK4 5 spoke LS400 wheels, and the cambelt is booked in.

A few odd jobs I want to sort. Firstly, I will have a go at diagnosing and repairing the back light of the OEM radio unit (it works fine but doesn't light up), does anyone know how I release the unit? Head unit keys? or take the trim off around the gear stick and work upwards?

Secondly, the very lowest part of the front bumper, what I would call a lip spoiler is completely shot. Does anyone have a Lexus part number? or can at least point me towards a spares manual to find it myself?

as always, any help and advice appreciated.

Jacques

hi jack

1) to remove stereo start by unscrewing the gearknob and lifting the surround - start at the cupholder end and work upwards.

then you need to remove the centre air vents - slide 2 lolli stick like objects each side of the vents and pull towards you

then you have 2 screws at the top and 2 at the bottom and its ready to come out.

2) the backlighting i never attempted myself - i used car auto repairs in hove who done it for £85 8 years ago

3) the from spoiler - 8 years ago i found that it was not available so i had mine removed completely from both sides

hope this helps

Thanks Cruisermark,

A nice weekend project, if I'm successful I'll do a write up.

I quite like the splitter, I'll have a go at fixing it.

yes i agree with you but mine were beyond repair so to tidy the look up i had to have them removed

Spoiler - got them from Amayama last year for about 50€ per side:

front spoiler LH...........76852-50030
front spoiler RH...........76851-50050

+ some new bolts and nuts (6mm), because the old ones were all terminally rusty.

. I'm removing my lower front spoiler .. it's just too low and I'm forever crunching it ... and there's not much left tbh anyway now and it's looking unsightly a bit

Malc

Although for the earlier model the proceedure on the link below is basically the same for the later LS400 radio removal.

http://www.lexls.com/tutorials/audio/headunit.html

If you don't fancy repairing the head unit yourself feel free to PM me as I have done several of them for other members.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links