Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Picking Your Brains........

Well I can't say I have seen many red IS300h on the road, let alone on the Lexus used car website. Neither have I seen many navy blue ones. I find it difficult to believe that red is one of the more popular colours whatever the brand, just by looking at the cars on the road on my daily commute.

Maybe red cars are a preference that is specific to Warwickshire! ;-)

The flip side of depreciation...

A colleague of mine once made a snooty comment about me driving a RX until I demonstrated that I had paid about has much for my 3 year old RX as he had done for his brand new Focus...

I think red is very popular on the Jag XE but thats because most dealers are ordering the demonstrator XE S in the red along with some R- Sport models.

Its not popular at all on the IS for some reason. Its a great colour but most people go for white. black or grey.

Well I can't say I have seen many red IS300h on the road, let alone

on the Lexus used car website. Neither have I seen many navy blue ones. I

find it difficult to believe that red is one of the more popular

colours whatever the brand, just by looking at the cars on the road on

my daily commute.

Maybe red cars are a preference that is specific to Warwickshire! ;-)

2014 sales of new cars. White & Black 22% then Silver Red Blue Grey all at approx 13%. Perhaps people in Hampshire are just old & dull so like Grey cars? :whistling:

It's interesting to see that for some people an asking price in a dealership equals a value of a car. IMO it's actually way off.

I'd recommend checking independent valuation @

http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/prices/used/lexus/is/saloon-2013/

Just remember to state that you 'do not own the car' when prompted and enjoy :-).

Yes it does assume a 'typical mileage', but who cares when it's free?

But the 'value' of the car is in reality how much £££ your get for it if you put it for sale. PX prices are real 'values' because they translate to £££ in the pocket. I've never tried to sell a £25K car privately, but I cannot imagine it been that easy, given your need to find some one who is a cash buyer and prepared to pay £25K without all the legal protection you get from dealer....Personally I wouldn't buy any car that costs more than £5K privately.

(Why can't I ever get the "quote" function to work!?

Ed! Shock! Horror! How dare you! ;-))))

Actually, I like the mesa red, and even more the darker metallic red I have seen on some recent RX... not sure what it is called. Mesa red was top of my list when I bought my car, but got fed up waiting for the right price/exterior/interior colour combination and while I was willing to accept another exterior colour, I absolutely wanted the lighter interior. Velvet black is nice and looks classy with the cream leather - in my eyes at least! - but a bugger to keep clean!

Anyway... going off topic...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links