Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

First Week Of Ownership

So i have had the IS-F for one week and i have realised one or two things.

Aged 55 and i counted the days until i collected the car, not felt like this since my 3.0s Capri ( a 2 door hooligans Ford for those of you lucky enough to be under 45)

I am taking the longest route on every journey.

The superb Mark Levinson sound system has been redundant, just drop the window and listen to the exhaust note.

Everyone in the office wants me to take them out in it.

The Mini that i planned to use to keep the fuel costs and mileage down on the IS-F has not turned a wheel all week.

I cannnot walk away from it without looking back.

I was out on a "spirited drive" yesterday afternoon and realised i would probably not have gone much faster, if at all, on either of my motorcycles.

Pleased is an understatement!!!!!

post-54609-0-17041900-1448291433_thumb.j

• Like 4

I know exactly how you feel. I use mine as my daily driver and am putting miles on it, because it's just so much fun to drive, Whatever the weather it always puts a smile on my face.....

Nice. Looks like your mini will be acquiring a flat battery this winter.

Except if it snows. The ISF was the worst car I've ever used in the snow. It would get stuck on a completely flat road!

Welcome on board Mark! It is a great car! Most people don't know what it is either so it makes for great petrol station chats (in the summer that is!) look out for speed cameras! I love the car's dual personality; especially the one when it comes alive over 3500rpm!

• 3 weeks later...

Good to hear you are making the most of owning one of these very special and rare cars. :)

Whilst I haven't had the misfortune of using my F in the snow (nor will I ever!), I can say it's a lot more controlled in the wet than my Supra was! ;)

Fortunately I take the train to work every day, and live 5min walk from the station!

Keeps the mileage down, but boy do I look forward to the weekends! Lol.

Hope you and your F have plenty more happy miles together. Hopefully the lower priced petrol we are due to be getting will make it a bit less painful on the wallet! ;)

Cheers.

Peter

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links