Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Potential Isf Owner

Chaps,

Always loved lexus cars and have always loved the ISF.

Been doing loads of research for about 2 years now, watching prices etc.

Does anyone know about the silver ISF in sheffield? SIlver is not my preferred colour but seems a reasonable deal, I like the blue one at Edgware Rd (very low mileage anyone know anything about this one) but think that is out my price range, I only have a lowly astra diesel (which has given me no trouble in 4 years 44k miles).

My situation has changed - do about 7k miles a year - originally looked at VXR8 but they seem to be going up in prices - ISF seems to have stayed reasonably the same.

I reckon about 20 mpg would roughly be achievable for me (currently 40 in my astra) - main driving during week is 5 miles each way to work (half stop start driving).

I was originally looking at GS250 cars - which seem to have plummeted in value recently but need to own a v8 - as I can't see me ever being in a position to own one again.

Car would probably only stay with me for a year at least so may even keep the astra.

I know what you mean about the VXR8. I looked myself and they are creeping up. Probably as they get older they are easy to maintain outside of main dealers. The ISF is slowly dropping in value at the moment but still a slow depreciation.

I've had a GS250, a very underrated car and great value. They are all full of kit and handle superbly. The chassis is a step up from the ISF. But....... it just dos'nt provide the emotion of owning a V8.Get an ISF you won't regret it.

I know what you mean about the VXR8. I looked myself and they are creeping up. Probably as they get older they are easy to maintain outside of main dealers. The ISF is slowly dropping in value at the moment but still a slow depreciation.

I've had a GS250, a very underrated car and great value. They are all full of kit and handle superbly. The chassis is a step up from the ISF. But....... it just dos'nt provide the emotion of owning a V8.Get an ISF you won't regret it.

I would not trust any of my local vauxhall dealers with a vxr8 - I would take it to monkfish / walkinshaw - for the ISF - would probably use toyotec as they aren't a million miles from me - although do have twickenham lexus on my doorstep as well.

Just really need a v8 in my life - and I don't want something too old.

I am worried about getting the GS250 and then seeing a ISF - I know I would prefer the ISF - I can always step out the ISF later and then get a GS250. Different car I appreciate.

Hi Gareth,

I went from an IS250 F Sport to an IS-F only last week, so I know what you are going through, I bought my car with my heart and not my head although I don't regret the decision one bit.

I really believe the residuals will start to look a lot better on the IS-F in the next couple of years, I think they are completely off the radar to a lot of people and once the market realise how rare they are and the fact you have amazing performance and legendary reliability they will start to become even more desirable.

If you have a V8 itch that needs scratching then buy one, you will not regret it, believe me (see my earlier post of first week of ownership)

Good Luck!!

Got to be the F I'm afraid, had an is200, is300, is250 n now own an F, other than servicing I've never spent a penny on repairs, absolutely love my F to the point of saying, I don't think I'll ever sell it, BUT drive them both, think ur find the build quality of the Lexus will sway u from the Vauxhall, they are fantastic cars, hardest part is getting out of it, u just want to keep driving, mine averages 19/22 town, and 29/32 on a run, had as good as 35 (once) lol 👍

I had the V8 itch too and being a fan of Lexus I bought an ISF expecting to keep it a year and move on like all the other cars I've owned. Yet here I am over 2 years later and loving it as much as the day I picked it up. It's been faultless throughout and I am gutted to have to sell it due to work commitments.

I originally signed up here as before my corsa sri 1.6t (remapped to 222 bhjp was fun until gearblx went) I looked at IS250, remembenr seeing a ISF at Twickenham Lexus and that was it. Smitten is probably the best word.

The vauxhall VXR8 to me is a bit of a under rated car like the ISF, although my wife has said I shouldn't have another vauxhall - so she would b emore than happy with the Lexus.

She who should be obeyed prefers the GS250 - main thing I think is because its newer, smaller engined (in theory better mpg) lower tax etc. With another baby on the way (be our second) she thinks the extra space of the GS will be good.

But that v8 itch needs to be scratched, and I cxan't really see v8 prices moving too much with petrol being a bit cheaper now - although knowing my luck petrol will be at £2 a litre and values will plummet 50%! (very unlikely I know).

Around town figure doesn't sound too bad - I have had as low as 32 in my diesel before now - my 1.6t corsa use to return 30mpg (book says 35.8) and that was run on vpower which if I got the ISF would try and do again (or at least put normal shell in it)

I did say to myself I wouldn't get a new car until I had passed my accountancy exams but being winter I can't see rwd 5.0 v8 flying off the shelves!

I've had the pleasure of seeing and hearing a few VXR8s at a dyno day I organised. One of them was supercharged and putting out over 700bhp. Utterly bonkers but can't really compare that to a stock ISF.

The interior on the VXR8 isn't that great for the money in my opinion. The ISF seems much nicer but that's only my opinion.

Gazza - going by posts on another thread you should be able to knock a grand or so off the asking price on the Sheffield one.

Keith - When are you planning on selling?

I will likely put it on Piston heads within the next couple of weeks. I have time on my side but it will probably be the cheapest low mileage ISF (32k miles) for sale in the UK.

Can't speak of personal experience, only that a fellow 40ish friend of mine father has the VXR8, he's been in both that and my ISF, he's opinion is that he'd have the F all day long over the VXR8,.....but think if I where u I drive both, then there's no thinking "what if"....good luck with your demons 😉

Cheers for all advice comments etc. Annoyingly went to see Financial Advisor yesterday regarding our re mortgage in March 16 and the advice generally was wait till April before buying a v8.

Cannot believe even though we only want a mortgage for 56% of the value of our property looks like we will be eating beans on toast till feb just to get a mortgage.

Really has put a downer on yesterday but I will have to do the man maths still! Would be nice if the blue one was still at lexus come March but I cannot see it.

I am not on a huge wage and being 32 maybe thats whats going against me.

Checked insurance quotes last night, astra £310 ISF £444. Not as bad as I thiought at all - VXR8 is more - quote came up at £495 and with a higher excess.

Mr W; The Manchester one is indeed a 2009 model. It was mine and is great condition, but I think they are being somewhat ambitious with the price. I hope it doesn't sit around for too long, I want it to be used and loved again.

You'd think they would check the other lexus dealers stock, because it must be 2-3K over priced. I'm guessing you didn't get a equally inflated amount in PX.

I would of been surprised if they gave much over £20k. Unless they were making a packet out of the new car.

Since you asked so nicely, the px was £20k. On top of that I got one year road tax on the RC-F and 6 months refund on the IS-F, so it felt like a good deal to me. At the time the Parkers' book price for px was less than £18,000 so I was happy with what they offered.

An extra bonus was the website advertised the RC-F as Mar 15 with nearly 2000 miles. I got there to find it was actually registered in late June with 1600 on the clock. It may have been a deliberate mistake to put me in a good mood; if so, it was a great tactic.

• Like 1

I've had the pleasure of seeing and hearing a few VXR8s at a dyno day I organised. One of them was supercharged and putting out over 700bhp. Utterly bonkers but can't really compare that to a stock ISF.

The interior on the VXR8 isn't that great for the money in my opinion. The ISF seems much nicer but that's only my opinion.

I would say the Vauxhall and Lexus are at opposite ends of the spectrum in terms of build quality and interior trim.

• Like 1

Not wanting to cause offence but the isf is leagues ahead of the Vauxhall in terms of build quality in all aspects. As said previously drive both and you can then make an informed decision.

Not a fan of mesa red personally - but if they said I could have it for £22 - £23k would certainly look.

Although saying that I have never looked at mesa red in the flesh.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links